Summer Trainee, Software Development & Digitalization
As a new company, we have started an exciting journey together. Our ambition is to be the top-tier company in the industry. This will be possible through our motivated people working together towards a common goal. We are excited to welcome you to be a part of creating our culture and new ways of working together. Metso Outotec offers a variety of exciting opportunities for students. We operate in more than 50 countries, which gives you a chance to work together with colleagues from around the world. Our trainees work for instance in sales, IT, quality, logistics, marketing, procurement, ordering, HR, production, R&D, administration and much more.
We are looking for Summer Trainees in IT and Automation
Summer Trainee Digitalization (IoT, Analytics) – Espoo or Tampere
As Summer Trainee Digitalization you will:
- Develop software and analytics for Metso Outotec IoT & Analytics platform and applications, using relevant technologies for cloud-based development and analytics/Machine Learning. The main software technologies include .NET, Python, TypeScript, React and Azure.”
Summer Trainee Software Development: Front end developer for Design System development work – Espoo
As Summer Trainee Software Development, you will:
- Develop UI components for use in the Design System (our UX guidelines and UI component library), and co-operate with design and software development teams. The main software technologies include TypeScript and React.
Summer Trainee Software development, Intelligent Automation – Espoo or Kuopio
As Summer Trainee – Software Development, Intelligent Automation you will:
- Develop software and systems for advanced automation, using desktop, web and cloud technologies as well as modelling and simulation. The main software technologies include .NET, C/C++, React and Azure.
Summer Trainee, Machine vision applications - Espoo
As Summer Trainee - Machine vision applications you will:
Support the development of an existing digital product for Flash Smelting Concentrate Burner. You will learn how the machine vision algorithm works and be able to make changes to the algorithm. Also, you will be testing the software and making instructions on how to use the software. You would need programming skills on C++ or C# and experience on version control in GIT is a benefit.
To succeed in these positions, you will need
- A relevant study background, be it IT, automation, business, design or industrial engineering.
- For software development experience in at least one object-oriented programming language
- A positive can-do mindset and a proactive approach to work.
- Eagerness to learn more, develop and succeed.
- An ability to work as part of a team, while also working independently on certain tasks
- Good communication skills in English
In all positions, we offer you an interesting role in a truly global business environment, where you have a chance to see and build networks on many levels across the organization. You have many opportunities for personal growth and development. You will get support from a great team of committed colleagues and all the opportunities, support and benefits of a big company.
When applying, please specify your background and in which role(s) you are interested in. When selecting the candidates, we do not focus on your study performance only - we want to select people who want to join us in order to develop and succeed. Apply by filling in your on-line application with your CV and transcript of records. However, please note that applications are processed, and candidates may be chosen already during the application period, so apply sooner rather than later!
Metso Outotec is a proud member of Responsible Summer Job campaign, read more http://kesaduuni.org.
Please apply as soon as possible, application period ends on March 1st 2021.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept applications by email.
Please note that as there are several positions offered through this same job ad, your application will be visible to several hiring managers.