Summer Trainee, Research Trainee, Greenhouse
During the summer you will gain valuable experience from your own field of study. We offer versatile and responsible tasks in an international company that builds for a more sustainable tomorrow? We are inspired by the limitless opportunities offered by the bioeconomy, and we lead the way towards a future beyond fossils. Join us on this exciting path!
We are now looking for Summer Trainee, to join our UPM Biochemicals Lignin Team, in Lappeenranta.
Greetings from future team:
“Welcome to the UPM Biochemicals Lignin Team. We are excited to work together with you on various technical development topics in UPM`s lignin business. You will have an opportunity to learn a lot and be a part of UPM´s most dynamic new ventures in the field of biochemicals.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to grow with us!” - Lignin Team
What you’ll do
Your main tasks relate to testing of UPM products in greenhouse environment. In 2020 we built a greenhouse where the tests will be performed. Your main tasks will be:
- Taking care of the greenhouse and plants
- Design study protocols for the applied products and plants
- Writing reports on studies
- Summarizing studies made also in other research institutes
Who you are
- You have studied horticulture or gardening in an institute or university of applies sciences or have other relevant background
- You have experience in greenhouse environment
- You feel comfortable in working independently
- You have a positive and hands-on attitude, eagerness to learn new things and to take initiative and responsibility.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English.
What we offer to you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives. You will become a part of our motivated and supporting work community.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your summer traineeship. We offer you a chance to develop in an innovative work environment. Many of our summer trainees continue with UPM as Thesis Workers or return to us later in their career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Are you ready?
Hear more and ask about our summer jobs by joining our webinars! Enroll yourself on a time that suits you on our webinar page.
Submit your application via the link above no later than 14th of February 2021.
Please fill the candidate profile and summer job application carefully. Remember to also include your CV and cover letter in the application. We will start processing the applications already during the application period.
For support with submitting your application please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
We are committed to being a responsible employer and participate in Responsible Summer Job -campaign.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.