Summer Trainee, Research & Development Laboratory
During the summer you will gain valuable experience from your own field of study. We offer versatile and responsible tasks in an international company that builds for a more sustainable tomorrow? We are inspired by the limitless opportunities offered by the bioeconomy, and we lead the way towards a future beyond fossils. Join us on this exciting path!
We are now looking for Laboratory Trainee for Research and Development team in Lahti, Finland.
Greetings from your future manager
“We are an efficient and multi-skilled team with a wide knowledge and skills in product development, testing and plywood manufacturing. We want to share this knowledge with you too! Are you eager to learn and open-minded person who is not afraid to take new challenges? If yes, we have something to offer you!” –Minna Lindroos, Manager, Laboratory
What you’ll do
You will be a member of R&D team. Your assignments will include different kind of product development projects’ account tasks and CE-mark related quality control tests.
In UPM Plywood, we are interested in supporting your professional growth through the tasks, trainings and coaching leadership.
Who you are
- You have at least a B.Sc. from relevant field of studies
- You have excellent teamwork skills
- You have ability to work and make decisions independently
- You have good IT skills
- You are fluent with English
- Most importantly, you share our values - Renew with courage, Trust and be trusted and Achieve together
UPM Plywood offers high quality WISA® plywood and veneer products mainly for the construction and transport industries as well as UPM Grada® thermoformable wood material for the furniture and manufacturing industries. The sales of UPM Plywood in 2017 were EUR 484 million and it has about 2,400 employees, including 1,500 in Finland. UPM has six plywood mills and a veneer mill in Finland as well as plywood mills in Russia and Estonia. – www.wisaplywood.com, www.upmgrada.com
What we offer to you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives. You will become a part of our motivated and supporting work community.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your summer traineeship. We offer you a chance to develop in an innovative work environment. Many of our summer trainees continue with UPM as Thesis Workers or return to us later in their career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Are you ready?
Read more about summer recruitment process, applying, timeline, all available positions and more information on www.upm.com/summer or www.upm.com/kesa in Finnish.
Hear more and ask about our summer jobs by joining our webinars! Enroll yourself on a time that suits you on our webinar page.
Submit your application via the link above no later than 14th of February 2021.
Please fill the candidate profile and summer job application carefully. Remember to also include your CV and cover letter in the application. We will start processing the applications already during the application period.
For support with submitting your application please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
We are committed to being a responsible employer and participate in Responsible Summer Job -campaign.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.