Summer Trainee, Purchaser
The Summer Trainee positions at Neste are now open for applications! We are looking for trainees to join our Commodities & Innovation, Professional Services and Real Estate Management Procurement teams for the summer.
Your responsibilities for the summer job
In your role, you will
- Perform tasks related to purchasing chemicals, materials and/or services including eg. tendering, bid evaluations, submitting and managing purchase orders in procurement ERP system
- Ensure delivery time and quality, manage contract and order documentation and participate in invoice handling tasks
- Act as an essential link between Neste's internal stakeholders and the supplier base
- Have a chance to participate in different types of Procurement development initiatives according to your competence and interests, such as automatization of the Req-to-pay process, web-shop development or implementing RPA within procurement
You will work closely with our internal stakeholders and the supplier base to ensure availability and efficiency of the required materials and services.
The keys to success
You are motivated to learn, and enjoy working with a team for which safety, sustainability and professionalism are key elements of work.
In addition we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position is
- At least two years Bachelor’s degree studies in engineering or business or similar relevant skills
- Previous experience of Procurement
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Good skills in typical office IT applications
We also value
- IFS Application and Lean or Coupa -application or similar Procurement tools knowledge is an advantage
- Good collaboration and negotiation skills and spirit of a team-player
- Experience on an oil refinery or similar plants or process industry
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. A thorough induction will be offered at the beginning of the summer.
During the summer, there will be opportunities to network and cooperate with other summer trainees as well as our Neste professionals. You will be able to get to know Neste as a company, and get your own voice heard. If caring, cooperation and courage are also your values, you may well be our next Summer Trainee!
Be part of refining the future!
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
The planned time period of the traineeship is 4 months.
The summer job recruitment process may include a video interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – a face-to face interview. This interview may be arranged virtually due to the pandemic.
Please submit your application letter and CV by February 7th, 2021.
Due to the large number of applications, we are not able to answer your inquiries by phone. Please send a message to email@example.com if you have questions.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the person with their consent. We will guide the final candidate through this process. Should the remote work recommendation continue during the summer, your manager will advise you.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,400 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable.
For more information, please visit https://www.neste.com/