Summer Trainee, Purchaser
We are currently looking for a summer trainee to join our Commodities & Innovation or IT Procurement team.
Your responsibilities for the summer job
In your role, you will
- Perform tasks related to purchasing chemicals, materials and/or services including eg. tendering, bid evaluations, submitting and managing purchase orders in the procurement ERP system
- Ensure delivery time and quality, manage contract and order documentation and participate in invoice handling tasks
- Act as an essential link between Neste's internal stakeholders and the supplier base
- Have a chance to participate in different types of Procurement development initiatives according to your competence and interests, such as automatization of the Req-to-pay process, web-shop development or implementing RPA within procurement
You will work closely with our internal stakeholders and the supplier base to ensure the availability and efficiency of the required materials and services.
The keys to success in the summer job
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your summer success. We also value people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills.
In addition, we see that the best combination of experiences, skills, and background in this position is
- At least two years of Bachelor’s degree studies in engineering or business or similar relevant skills
- Previous experience of Procurement
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Good skills in typical office IT applications
We also value
- IFS Application and Lean -application or similar Procurement tools knowledge is an advantage
- Good collaboration and negotiation skills and spirit of a team-player
- Experience on an oil refinery or similar plants or process industry
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. We are committed to offer you a comprehensive induction at the beginning of the summer and you will have a nominated mentor through the summer. We also arrange many events for our summer trainees to enhance collaboration, networking and a comprehensive understanding of our business.
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
The summer job takes place in Porvoo refinery or at the Espoo office. Kilpilahti area in Porvoo is located only some 40 minutes away from Helsinki city by car. We also arrange bus transportation for our employees from Helsinki, Porvoo and surrounding areas.
Read more about summer with Neste from our web pages or from our social media channels.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The summer job recruitment process may include a video or phone interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site interview.
Please submit your application letter and CV at the latest 16.2.2020.
Please note that due to a large number of applications we are unable to answer phone inquiries. Please send questions related to the recruitment process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a possible drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.