Summer Trainee, Public Affairs
We are currently looking for a summer trainee to join our Public Affairs team.
Your responsibilities during the summer
To explore the contribution of taxation in decarbonising transport by
- understanding the EU Commission’s plans for revision of the Energy Taxation
- analysing the Finnish and Swedish transport taxation systems and their developments, including ongoing work as stated by the Government programmes
- mapping the political atmosphere on taxation’s role in the decarbonisation of the transport sector
- identifying current and future elements incentivising low-carbon transport by taxation
- performing other relevant tasks
You will work closely with the Nordic and EU Public Affairs teams to support their monitoring, analysing and advocacy functions.
It is possible to modify the content of the assignment and responsibilities according to the selected candidate.
The keys to success in the summer job
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your summer success. We also value people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills.
In addition we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position is
- studies in tax law and/or economics and/or political science
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- excellent oral and written skills in Finnish and English; good skills in Swedish
We also value
- any other language skills
- interest for climate, energy and transport policies
- familiarity with Google as working environment
- all previous working experience in the fields of public affairs, taxation, policy analysis
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. We are committed to offer you a comprehensive induction in the beginning of the summer. We also arrange events for our summer trainees to enhance collaboration, networking and comprehensive understanding of our business.
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
Summer job takes place in Espoo headquarters, from May to the end of August. Start and end dates to be discussed with the applicant.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The summer job recruitment process may include a video or a phone interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site interview in Espoo. Please note that due to the large number of applications we are unable to answer phone enquiries. Please send questions related to the recruitment process to email@example.com.
Please submit your application letter and CV the latest on 16.2.2020.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.