Summer Trainee, Procurement
Neste Engineering Solutions
We are looking for
Purchaser trainee, Expediter trainee and Procurement coordinator trainee
for the summer 2018
Purchaser, Procurement coordinator and Expediter trainees shall work with operative purchasing and expediting tasks at Neste Engineering Solutions Procurement organization. The work is related to investment projects of process industry clients. Depending on applicant's experience and interests the work tasks may be focused either to purchasing, expediting or procucurement coordination.
Typical tasks of Purchaser include:
- preparation and issue of requests for quotation
- expediting of bidding process
- bid clarifications
- commercial bid evaluations
- preparation and issue of purchase orders and/or contracts
- invoice verifications
- close-out activities and archiving of purchase orders and/or contracts
Typical tasks of Desk expediter/Vendor document controller include:
- preparing expediting plans
- executing planned expediting activities:
- reviewing Vendors' progress
- controlling document flow between Vendors and Neste Engineering Solutions
- contacting Vendors by phone or e-mail
- negotiating mitigation measures to deviations
- reporting delivery status to the project team and to Client
Typical tasks of Procurement coordinator include:
- project procurement activities incl. scheduling
- ensure that Client's requirements for procurement are implemented to project
- acting as an interface between Neste Engineering Solutions Procurement and Client's organization to ensure that procurement activities are performed in compliance with project plan
- follow up, coordinate and report project procurement progress
Working in Procurement requires a proactive approach to work, willingness to take responsibility, high interest in project/supply chain management and ability to work under pressure and to learn quickly to use software tools (Lean System, SAP, Blue Cielo Project Portal, MS Excel). The applicant must be able to communicate in English in a clear and professional manner.
Procurement personnel collaborate closely with Project Management, Project Control, Engineering, Construction Management, Vendors, Contractors and Clients. Procurement trainee job quotes excellent opportunity to learn and develop procurement competences in demanding process industry investment environment. Parallel to this Trainee will get acquainted with international and globally growing company.
- The applicants are expected to have studied at least two years either commercial or technical area.
- Earlier experience of procurement (sourcing, purchasing or expediting) is highly appreciated.
- Earlier working experience in industrial investment projects is as well beneficial.
The applicant should be able to work both independently and in a team. Systematic way of working, exactness, flexibility and responsibility are required for success in this job. The applicant should be as well familiar with common computer programs.
Please apply through the recruitment portal by 28th of February 2018.
Neste Jacobs name has changed 1 January 2018 and we are now Neste Engineering Solutions. Please find further information of our business and projects at www.nestejacobs.com.