Metso Outotec offers a variety of exciting opportunities for students. We operate in more than 50 countries, which gives you a chance to work together with colleagues from around the world. Our trainees work for instance in sales, IT, quality, logistics, marketing, procurement, ordering, HR, production, R&D, administration and much more.
Summer Trainee´s – Pori Site
Our Pori site is State of the Art Research Center focused on metallurgical research for Metso Outotec. Approximately 160 people are working in research teams, laboratories and pilot plants to give our customers tailored solutions for their various metallurgical processes.
In Pori we offer summer jobs in:
• Laboratory – in this position you will conduct different laboratory experiments, analysis and pilot scale tests related to mineral technology and metallurgy in our laboratories and pilot plants. We value a relevant study background from laboratorian / process technician. preferably vocational studies
• Maintenance – in this position you will support the Research Center Maintenance team in various laboratories and pilot plan equipment maintenance. We value a relevant study background in electrical or technical maintenance. Preferably vocational studies
To succeed, you will need:
• Knowledge of basic IT tools
• Availability for shift work if required
• A positive can-do mindset and a proactive approach to work
• Eagerness to learn more, develop and succeed
• An ability to work as part of a team, while also working independently on certain tasks
• Good communication skills in Finnish and at least basic written and spoken in English
• Good teamworking skills.
We also have summer jobs in:
• Minerals R&D – you will support R&D and customer projects. We value a relevant study background in Process Technology, Process Metallurgy, Metals Processing or Chemical, Biochemical, Materials Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial water treatment.
To succeed, you will need:
• A positive and spontaneous can-do mindset and a proactive approach to work.
• Positive attitude and great work ethic
• Eagerness to learn more, develop and succeed.
• A customer focused and innovative mindset, and problem-solving skills.
• An ability to work as part of a team, while also working independently on certain tasks.
• Good skills in MS Office tools and ability to read mechanical drawings
• Ability to take ownership on the assigned tasks and projects and drive them proactively
• Good communication skills in English and Finnish.
We offer you an interesting role in a truly global business environment, where you have a chance to see and build networks on many levels across the organization. You have many opportunities for personal growth and development. You will get support from a great team of committed colleagues and all the opportunities, support and benefits of a big company.
As we have many different roles available, so when applying, please specify your background and in what sort of roles you are interested in. When selecting the candidates, we do not focus on your study performance only - we want to select people who want to join us in order to develop and succeed.
For further details about the position, please contact: email@example.com
Metso Outotec is a proud member of Responsible Summer Job campaign, https://kesäduuni.org
In your application, please let us know which of the positions you are applying for. Please note that as there are several positions offered through this same job ad, your application will be visible to several hiring managers.
Application period ends on February 28th, 2022. Please send your application as soon as possible, as we will start processing the applications already during the application period and the position is filled as soon as a suitable person is found.