Summer Trainee, Planning, Analytics & Business Intelligence
During the summer you will gain valuable experience from your own field of study. We offer versatile and responsible tasks in an international company that builds for a more sustainable tomorrow? We are inspired by the limitless opportunities offered by the bioeconomy, and we lead the way towards a future beyond fossils. Join us on this exciting path!
We are now looking for a Summer Trainee, Planning, Analytics & Business Intelligence to our head office in Helsinki.
Greetings from future manager
“We are looking for a summer worker who is motivated to find solutions to interesting data and analytics related business problems. The Planning, Analytics and Business Intelligence team is a diverse group of experts who work on a wide range of tasks in a supportive and team-focused environment. You will get to use your skills to develop and improve tools used by the team while learning about topics such as business planning, analytics and business intelligence at UPM.”
– Jason Kramb, Manager, Data Science
What you’ll do
The focus of this position can be adjusted based on the skills and interests of the candidate. Some examples of possible tasks are:
- Develop tools for supply chain optimization and planning
- Automate business processes related reporting
- Create Power Business Intelligence reports and datasets for distributing business intelligence information or visualization optimization results
- Develop cloud-based (Microsoft Azure) applications for deploying optimization tools
- Participate in making clear, concrete conclusions and visualizations from data as well as from in-depth analysis
Who you are
- You are a student with an interest in using analytics for solving business problems
- You have experience programming in Python and are familiar with common data analytics related libraries (e.g. pandas)
- You have a positive and team-focused attitude
- You have good English skills (both written and spoken)
- Other beneficial skills: experience working with Microsoft Azure or other cloud platforms; experience with Power BI; knowledge of optimization (especially MILP); version control with git
What we offer to you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives. You will become a part of our motivated and supporting work community.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your summer traineeship. We offer you a chance to develop in an innovative work environment. Many of our summer trainees continue with UPM as Thesis Workers or return to us later in their career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Are you ready?
Read more about summer recruitment process, applying, timeline, all available positions and more information on www.upm.com/summer or www.upm.com/kesa in Finnish.
Hear more and ask about our summer jobs by joining our webinars! Enroll yourself on a time that suits you on our webinar page.
Submit your application via the link above no later than 14th of February 2021.
Please fill the candidate profile and summer job application carefully. Remember to also include your CV and cover letter in the application. We will start processing the applications already during the application period.
For support with submitting your application please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
We are committed to being a responsible employer and participate in Responsible Summer Job -campaign.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.