Summer Trainee, NAPCON Simulation Engineering
Neste Engineering Solutions
We are currently looking for a summer trainee to join our NAPCON Simulation Engineering team.
Our NAPCON Simulator solutions are based on proprietary software packages including a dynamic simulator, operating UI, and database. Good understanding of client needs, high quality modelling of processes and automation systems combined with tight collaboration between colleagues form the foundation for delivering excellent NAPCON solutions. See https://www.napconsuite.com/product/napcon-simulator/ for more insight, information and inspiration about NAPCON Simulator.
Your responsibilities for the summer job
In your role, you will
- be a part of an international and dynamic work community, in a company that is always expanding and seeking new solutions for its clients and other stakeholders.
- have an opportunity to use and enlarge your expertise.
- co-operate closely with our clients, together with about 70 napconians and with other engineering disciplines of Neste Engineering Solutions.
As our working mode is agile and organization lean you will have the opportunity to work closely with our customers and NAPCON software development teams as well as Customer Relations and Product Management. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
We have a large team of experts working in Simulation Engineering. The modelling and simulation oriented Simulator Engineering team designs, delivers and supports Operator Training Simulators globally. We also develop operator training with our customers.
The keys to success in the summer job
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your summer success. We also value people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills.
In addition we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position is
- You are a Master's or Bachelor student with focus on e.g. one of these:
- Process Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Automation Technology
- good understanding of simulating complex or large systems, chemical processes or process control
- understanding of most common unit operations in oil refining and petrochemical industry
- logical mind and capability to understand cause and effect relationships of complex systems.
We also value
- good problem solving skills and ability to come up with new solutions
- all relevant working experience from
- Operator Training Simulators
- Process design, Process modeling or Flow simulation (e.g. CFD)
- Process Control design
- Working as a Plant operator
- Different DCS and safety automation systems.
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. We are committed to offer you a comprehensive induction in the beginning of the summer and you will have a nominated mentor through the summer. We also arrange many events for our summer trainees to enhance collaboration, networking and comprehensive understanding of our business.
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
Typically summer job takes place in May-August but we are flexible with the vacancy start and end dates.
Read more about summer with Neste from our web pages or from our social media channels.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The summer job recruitment process may include a video or phone interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site interview.
Please submit your application letter, CV and Transcript of Studies at the latest 16.2.2020.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a possible drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.