Summer Trainee, Market Intelligence
We are currently looking for a summer trainee to join our Market Intelligence team within Renewable Road Transportation business unit in Espoo, Finland.
Your responsibilities for the summer job
In your role, you will:
- Support ongoing projects in the team within the fields of market intelligence and competitive intelligence
- Perform market research, data gathering and analysis or larger market studies on relevant topics
- Prepare presentation materials and participate in developing quantitative models
- Solve real commercial problems with the help of business and financial analysis
You will work closely with your team members and other relevant internal stakeholders to accomplish set targets and contribute to the success of Neste. You may also support colleagues in the Market Area Pricing team which resides within the same function.
Through a holistic understanding of the renewables market, legislative development and competitive insights, Market Intelligence team within Renewable Road Transportation business unit supports short- to medium-term decision making in our Renewables business units, but at the same time has a heavy linkage to longer-term strategic development and analysis. The team is part of Pricing & Market Intelligence function within Renewable Road Transportation business unit.
The keys to success in the summer job
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your summer success. We also value people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills.
In addition we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position is:
- Ongoing studies in business, economics or technology towards a Master’s degree with a Bachelor’s degree preferably completed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including relevant tools (e.g. Excel and Powerpoint)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence internal stakeholders by clear and convincing communication
- Fluent English required, Finnish highly appreciated, other European languages a plus
We also value:
- Prior work experience from relevant tasks through e.g. internships
- Knowledge of Power BI and similar tools
- International experience through studies or work
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. We are committed to offer you a comprehensive induction in the beginning of the summer and you will have a nominated mentor through the summer. We also arrange many events for our summer trainees to enhance collaboration, networking and comprehensive understanding of our business.
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
Summer job takes place between May and September with the maximum length of four months.
Read more about summer with Neste from our web pages or from our social media channels.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The summer job recruitment process may include a video or phone interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site interview.
Please submit your application letter and CV at the latest 16.2.2020.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a possible drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.