Summer Trainee, Logistics (Tampere)
As a new company, we have started an exciting journey together. Our ambition is to be the top-tier company in the industry. This will be possible through our motivated people working together towards a common goal. We are excited to welcome you to be a part of creating our culture and new ways of working together.
Metso Outotec offers a variety of exciting opportunities for students. We operate in more than 50 countries, which gives you a chance to work together with colleagues from around the world. Our trainees work for instance in sales, IT, quality, logistics, marketing, procurement, ordering, HR, production, R&D, administration and much more.
We are looking for Summer Trainees to work at different Logistics tasks in Tampere, Finland.
We offer summer jobs in:
- Customer Care - your main responsibilities are various customer service -related tasks. You will, for example, monitor orders with SAP and other tools, handle customers’ orders and plan transportations with logistics. You will have full responsibilities of the customer coordinators during the holiday season.
- Customer Logistics, Europe - you will have full responsibilities of our logistics coordinators during holiday season. Your main responsibilities are monitoring open deliveries, booking shipments, handling export documents, invoicing and customer service. You will be working very closely with multiple freight forwarders and our warehouse partner in addition to being in daily contact with our customers. One of the summer trainees will also take over substitution of our inbound logistics specialist.team and handle returns. The position includes working occasionally in our on-duty shift 11-19 EET taking care of customer needs and ensuring late orders leave during the same day.
- Logistics Control Tower EMEA - you will have full responsibilities of the logistics coordinators and you will work with following tasks: Monitoring inbound and outbound shipments, handling freight invoices, booking international shipments, managing freight claims, handling logistics related inquiries and serving our internal customers in a way that guarantees end customer satisfaction with Metso Outotec services.
- Warehouse & Quality - you will be working in Metso Outotec's distribution center in process and product quality area. Your main responsibilities are investigating root causes for customer complaints, create claims to suppliers and warehouse partners and communicate process deviations to warehouse and suppliers. You will be working closely with warehouse partners and with internal teams e.g. purchasing, logistics and customer service. In this task we prefer that you already some experience in distribution and logistics field or in quality management.
To succeed, you will need:
- A higher degree study background in for example International Business, Logistics or related field preferred, or a combination of education
- A positive and spontaneous can-do mindset and a proactive approach to work
- A customer focused and innovative mindset, and problem solving skills
- An ability to work as part of a team, while also working independently on certain tasks
- Ability to manage multiple issues in a very tight schedule and have the attitude of getting the job done
- Good skills in MS Office tools, especially in Excel
- You can quickly adapt to different tools like SAP
- Good communication skills in English and Finnish
- Previous work experience in working in export sales or in the field of logistics is a plus
We offer interesting trainee positions with excellent opportunity to see how a global organization works and possibility to grow your skills in the area of customer care and logistics. You have many opportunities for personal growth and development. You will get support from a great team of committed colleagues and all the opportunities, support and benefits of a big company.
We have many different roles available, so when applying, please specify your background and in what sort of role you are interested in.
Please note that applications are processed, and candidates may be chosen already during the application period, so apply sooner rather than later! Application period ends on March 1st 2021.
Metso Outotec is a proud member of Responsible Summer Job campaign, read more http://kesaduuni.org/responsible-summer-job/.
Please note that as there are several positions offered through this same job ad, your application will be visible to several hiring managers.