Summer Trainee, IT Processes & Tools
The Summer Trainee positions at Neste are now open for applications! We are looking for trainees to join our IT Processes & Tools team for the summer.
Your responsibilities for the summer job
In your role, you will
- Participate in IT process design and development tasks covering multiple process areas - Example IT governance, idea & demand management, resource management, development, change management, IT service & operational processes etc.
- Engaging actively with the teams to understand the current state and propose improvement ideas that will help IT delivery teams to be more leaner in the ways of working
- Supporting tasks in IT process development eg. project management model, agile development, IT finance processes, quality assurance & testing, etc.
- Process documentation
- Data quality enhancement and data cleaning activities
- UX & UI design for IT tools
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your summer success. We are looking for candidates with a proactive and enthusiastic approach to work in our IT department.
You will work closely with IT process owners and IT process managers to accomplish assigned responsibilities. You should be proactive to challenge and bring in the new ideas to further strengthen the processes.
The keys to success
You are motivated to learn, and enjoy working with a team for which safety, sustainability and professionalism are key elements of work.
Additionally, we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position would be
- Basic knowledge of application development, project work and/or IT Service Management will help you to succeed in your work
- Neste uses Google office tools so knowledge of Google applications, such as Sheets, Drive, Gmail, etc is appreciated
- You are e.g. a technology student within digital systems, data science or computer science
- To have a good command of English is a must
- Be able to work independently after taking appropriate guidance from the process owners & process managers
- Ability to challenge and spar new ideas
We also value
- Having good understanding of IT processes
- Project management
- Intellectual mindset
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. A thorough induction will be offered at the beginning of the summer.
During the summer, there will be opportunities to network and cooperate with other summer trainees as well as our Neste professionals. You will be able to get to know Neste as a company, and get your own voice heard. If caring, cooperation and courage are also your values, you may well be our next Summer Trainee!
Be part of refining the future!
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
The planned time of the traineeship is June-September. The summer job takes place in Espoo, Finland.
The summer job recruitment process may include a video interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – a face-to face interview. This interview may be arranged virtually due to the pandemic.
Please submit your application letter and CV by February 7th, 2021.
Due to the large number of applications, we are not able to answer your inquiries by phone. Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding the recruitment process.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the person with their consent. We will guide the final candidate through this process. Should the remote work recommendation continue during the summer, your manager will advise you.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,400 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable.
For more information, please visit www.neste.com.