Summer Trainee, Electrical Engineering (2 positions)
Have you already studied electrical engineering for couple years and interested in electrical design and unique engineering projects? Would you like to lift your skills to the next level in global environment? This summer job is for you!
We are looking for two electrical engineering Summer Trainees to our global order engineering team for overhead cranes. In this position you will have an important role in engineering activities of our customers’ ETO (engineered-to-order) cranes’ delivery projects. As you will be a part of our global team, you will work with our experienced and dedicated professionals as well as communicate and co-operate with colleagues from other units, our subcontractors and customers’ engineering departments.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Executing engineering tasks, including selecting and dimensioning of the used components and technology and carrying out necessary calculations.
- Ensuring that order execution is aligned with local requirements, including risk assessments.
- Making manufacturing documents, e.g. drawings, eBOMs, work instructions, purchase requisitions to our PLM system.
- Ensuring that project related targets (e.g. schedules, costs, quality) are met and reporting about status of project and possible deviations to Leading Engineer.
Our ETO projects are unique and in this ambitious summer job role you will have an opportunity to stretch your engineering skills and discuss ideas with the strong team in search for the solution that fits in the best way customer’s expectations and needs. You will learn a lot about working in cooperation with different stakeholders and be able to see if you’ve got what it takes to work in world-leading cranes engineering company. We have a strong commitment for developing our people and for supporting innovation and initiatives for improving processes. Is this something you appreciate? Check the role’s requirements below and apply!
What you should bring
- Minimum of 3 years (or 150 points) BSc. or MSc. studies in electrical engineering or similar.
- Already some design experience in electrical engineering as well as knowledge of statutory framework, i.e. valid standards and regulations.
- Good communication and negotiation skills and fluency in English (spoken and written). Other languages are an asset.
In addition, to succeed in this role, you’ll need to be proactive and target-oriented. It’s also important to be a team player and be able to build strong, sustainable relationship with your local and global stakeholders. Ready for this opportunity to grow and develop yourself?
These summer Trainee positions are located at our headquarter office in Hyvinkää. Length of the summer job is approximately 3-4 months between May-August, accurate dates are negotiable.
If you are interested working with us, please apply with your CV and short cover letter by 1st of March 2020 at latest our career site. Feel free to also add transcript copy of your study records. For more information about this role, please contact Tapani Erkkilä via e-mail tapani.erkkila(at)konecranes.com.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. Read more about us and our summer jobs at www.konecranes.com/fi/kesatyo!