Summer Trainee, Customs
We are currently looking for a summer trainee to join our Customs Team.
Your responsibilities for the summer job
In your role, you will
- Assist Custom Team in daily customs management of Neste.
- Draft and submit electronic import and export declarations.
- Prepare other customs documentation and reporting.
- Communicate with customs service providers (forwarding companies).
- Participate projects related to customs duties and customs compliance.
You will work closely with Customs Team to ensure timely and accurate customs management for Neste, as well as to develop and improve Neste's tools and working practices in this area.
The keys to success in the summer job
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your summer success. We also value people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills.
In addition we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position is
- Studies for Master's or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in International Trade and/or Logistics.
- Energetic and conscientious mindset with can-do attitude.
- Preparedness to communicate in English, both written and spoken.
We also value
- Prior experience in the area of international trade, forwarding and/or customs compliance.
- Experience in using Google tools, SAP and/or customs clearance solutions.
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. We are committed to offer you a comprehensive induction in the beginning of the summer and you will have a nominated mentor through the summer. We also arrange many events for our summer trainees to enhance collaboration, networking and comprehensive understanding of our business.
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
Summer job takes place in Neste headquarters, Espoo.
Read more about summer with Neste from our web pages or from our social media channels.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The summer job recruitment process may include a video or phone interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site interview
Please submit your application letter and CV at the latest 16.2.2020.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we are unable to answer phone enquiries. Please send questions related to the recruitment process to email@example.com
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a possible drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.