Summer Trainee, Chartering Operations
We are currently looking for summer trainees to join our Chartering Operations team.
Your responsibilities during the summer
In your role, you will
- Take care of the commercial operations of the vessels operated by Neste
- Do performance follow-up of the vessels for commercial optimization and reporting
You will work closely with vessels, customers and other stakeholders to, instructing the vessels regarding cargo transportation and following-up the fulfillment of transport and time charter agreements.
The keys to success in the summer job
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your summer success. We also value people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills.
In addition we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position is
- Applicable education (e.g. maritime, logistics, commercial)
- Experience of commercial vessel operations
- Experience of cargo handling and cargo characteristics of tanker trade
- Knowledge of shipping and oil product logistics
- Customer service experience
We also value
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Fluency in Swedish is an advantage
- Flexibility and ability to handle pressure
- The ability to work and make decisions independently
- Precision and a careful grip
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. We are committed to offer you a comprehensive induction in the beginning of the summer and you will have a nominated mentor through the summer. We also arrange many events for our summer trainees to enhance collaboration, networking and comprehensive understanding of our business.
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
Summer job takes place during the period from 1st May to 30th September 2020.
Read more about summer with Neste from our web pages or from our social media channels.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The summer job recruitment process may include a video or phone interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site interview.
Please submit your application letter and CV at the latest 16.2.2020.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we are unable to answer phone enquiries. Please send questions related to the recruitment process to email@example.com.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a possible drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.