Summer Trainee, Business Operator
During the summer you will gain valuable experience from your own field of study. We offer versatile and responsible tasks in an international company that builds for a more sustainable tomorrow? We are inspired by the limitless opportunities offered by the bioeconomy, and we lead the way towards a future beyond fossils. Join us on this exciting path!
We are now looking for a Summer Trainee, Business Operator to join our Order Operations team in Lahti, Finland.
What you’ll do
You will be part of multi-skilled and efficient team with a supportive atmosphere where team members are always happy to assist each other when needed. In this position, knowing how to prioritize important tasks from urgent ones is necessary to succeed.
In this position, you will be responsible for order handlings, transport bookings and capacity allocation checks. Also, you will reply to delivery inquires. In UPM Plywood, we are fully prepared to support your professional growth and personal development during the challenging tasks, trainings and engaging leadership.
Who you are
- You are studying in the University or University of Applied Sciences.
- You have a positive and energetic attitude and a sense of responsibility.
- You are capable to work with customers and other key stakeholders
- You are open minded and manage pressure and tight schedules
- You are fluent in English and Finnish
- Most importantly, you share our values - Renew with courage, Trust and be trusted and Achieving together
UPM Plywood offers high quality WISA® plywood and veneer products for construction, vehicle flooring, LNG shipbuilding, parquet manufacturing and other industrial applications. In 2019 UPM Plywood sales was EUR 450 million and it had 2,400 employees. UPM has five plywood mills and one veneer mill in Finland as well as plywood mills in Russia and Estonia. – www.wisaplywood.com
What we offer to you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives. You will become a part of our motivated and supporting work community.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your summer traineeship. We offer you a chance to develop in an innovative work environment. Many of our summer trainees continue with UPM as Thesis Workers or return to us later in their career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Are you ready?
Read more about summer recruitment process, applying, timeline, all available positions and more information on www.upm.com/summer or www.upm.com/kesa in Finnish.
Hear more and ask about our summer jobs by joining our webinars! Enroll yourself on a time that suits you on our webinar page.
Submit your application via the link above no later than 14th of February 2021.
Please fill the candidate profile and summer job application carefully. Remember to also include your CV and cover letter in the application. We will start processing the applications already during the application period.
For support with submitting your application please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
We are committed to being a responsible employer and participate in Responsible Summer Job -campaign.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.