Summer Trainee, Business Operator, Sales
During the summer you will gain valuable experience from your own field of study. We offer versatile and responsible tasks in an international company that builds for a more sustainable tomorrow? We are inspired by the limitless opportunities offered by the bioeconomy, and we lead the way towards a future beyond fossils. Join us on this exciting path!
We are now looking for a Summer Worker, Business Operator to join our sales team in Lahti, Finland.
Greetings from your future manager
“Working as a Business Operator in our sales team gives you a good opportunity to learn about the business culture in different markets. We offer you a meaningful work as a part of our professional sales team and we give you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge.” –Risto Hartonen, Manager, Sales
What you’ll do
You will be part of our positive and efficient sales team where team members are always happy to assist each other when needed. In UPM Plywood, we are fully prepared to support your professional growth and personal development through the challenging tasks, trainings and engaging leadership
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Sales order processing
- Transportation bookings
- Replying to delivery and commercial inquires
- Capacity allocation checks
- Customer service tasks
- Offer Creation
Who you are
We hope that you have at least a B.Sc. and also working experience on relevant field. Our ideal candidate is goal-oriented and has a good knowledge of customer service. Positive and energetic attitude and a sense of responsibility are the things we really value. A willingness to go the extra mile can also be thought as a “wow” customer service. That is something that we really appreciate! You have also excellent communication skills in English and Finnish. Most importantly, you share our values - Renew with courage, Trust and be trusted and Achieving together.
UPM Plywood offers high quality WISA® plywood and veneer products mainly for the construction and transport industries as well as UPM Grada® thermoformable wood material for the furniture and manufacturing industries. The sales of UPM Plywood in 2017 were EUR 484 million and it has about 2,400 employees, including 1,500 in Finland. UPM has six plywood mills and a veneer mill in Finland as well as plywood mills in Russia and Estonia. – www.wisaplywood.com, www.upmgrada.com
What we offer to you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives. You will become a part of our motivated and supporting work community.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your summer traineeship. We offer you a chance to develop in an innovative work environment. Many of our summer trainees continue with UPM as Thesis Workers or return to us later in their career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Are you ready?
Hear more and ask about our summer jobs by joining our webinars! Enroll yourself on a time that suits you on our webinar page.
Submit your application via the link above no later than 14th of February 2021.
Please fill the candidate profile and summer job application carefully. Remember to also include your CV and cover letter in the application. We will start processing the applications already during the application period.
For support with submitting your application please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
We are committed to being a responsible employer and participate in Responsible Summer Job -campaign.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.