Summer Trainee, Business Development Trainee
During the summer you will gain valuable experience from your own field of study. We offer versatile and responsible tasks in an international company that builds for a more sustainable tomorrow? We are inspired by the limitless opportunities offered by the bioeconomy, and we lead the way towards a future beyond fossils. Join us on this exciting path!
We are now looking for Summer Trainee, Business Development Trainee at Biomedicum in Helsinki.
Greetings from future manager:
“Are you starting your career in business development and want to gain work experience from new business development in a global company? We are looking for a proactive and self-driven Business Development Trainee to join our core team that supports both the Clinical and Life Science businesses at UPM Biomedicals. The Business Development Trainee will closely work with the business development managers and learn from sales, marketing, competitor and market analysis. You are a team player with good communication skills and with a genuine interest and curiosity for the customer's needs. We are looking forward to welcoming you to grow with us!”
– Tony Kiuru, Manager, Business Development, Life Sciences
What you’ll do
- Develop competitive landscape and market analysis
- Work with and get to know more about product management, CRM and sales analysis
- Network with customers and learn to understand the customer needs
- Participate in promotional initiatives and marketing communications in all our tools and channels
Who you are
- Bachelor level or soon-to-graduate M.Sc. majoring in economics, management, industrial engineering, international business, marketing or strategy. Studies in the fields of biotechnology or pharmaceutical sciences is considered as a benefit.
- Experience with Microsoft Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Fluent English (both written and spoken), Finnish is beneficial but not required.
- Understanding of biotechnology or medical fields is beneficial.
UPM Biomedicals is advancing the healthcare with innovative products combining the know-how in natural materials with research results in regenerative medicine. Currently, we have two lines of products - one for life sciences (GrowDex®, GrowInk™, GrowDase™) and one for clinical application (FibDex®).
What we offer to you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives. You will become a part of our motivated and supporting work community.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your summer traineeship. We offer you a chance to develop in an innovative work environment. Many of our summer trainees continue with UPM as Thesis Workers or return to us later in their career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Are you ready?
Read more about summer recruitment process, applying, timeline, all available positions and more information on www.upm.com/summer or www.upm.com/kesa in Finnish.
Hear more and ask about our summer jobs by joining our webinars! Enroll yourself on a time that suits you on our webinar page.
Submit your application via the link above no later than 14th of February 2021.
Please fill the candidate profile and summer job application carefully. Remember to also include your CV and cover letter in the application. We will start processing the applications already during the application period.
For support with submitting your application please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
We are committed to being a responsible employer and participate in Responsible Summer Job -campaign.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.