Summer Trainee, Application Support
We are looking for a Summer Trainee, Applications support to join our team in Valves Business Solution organization Metso Flow Control. Valves Business Solutions organization operates globally in Valves business area and we have a strong Business – IT driven focus. Work contains different data management activities and applications support work to end-to-end business processes;
A Summer Trainee, Application Support, the work contains of different IT systems support work related tasks:
- Solving end user support tickets relating engineering solutions and product data issues
- Customer order flow error cases solving together with the Sales and Marketing team
- PDM system admin work e.g. access control
- Supporting other teams, e.g. customer order engineering and factory item enrichment teams in problem solving
- Supporting global users in product data management issues in Sales, Engineering and Factory
- Data maintenance work and adding new attributes values to PDM system according to requests
- PDM system environment and integrations monitoring; tickets to supplier, communication in-house and to stakeholders
To succeed in this position you are a student with 2 to 4 years of completed studies (B.SC or M.Sc degree) in relevant study field e.g. Engineering, IT or industrial engineering. Basic understanding of manufacturing processes will be beneficial in this position. You have basic knowledge about PDM, item data and change management and how the product data is used in systems (ERP, PDM ) in the manufacturing industry.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Excellent skills in SQL (gained from studies, working, or hobbies)
- Excellent communication skills and good teamworking skills
- IT orientation and willingness to learn IT skills
- A problem-solving and analytical mindset
- Eagerness to learn and develop yourself
- Fluent skills in English and intermediate skills in Finnish
We offer a variety of versatile and challenging summer internship positions for students of different fields and backgrounds. You will have an opportunity to grow and learn in your selected area of expertise.
Please leave your application via the Apply-button as soon as possible. The application period will end 29.2.2020.
Metso is a proud member of Responsible Summer Job campaign, read more http://kesaduuni.org/responsible-summer-job/
We encourage our employees to a healthier lifestyle by being a Smoke-free Workplace.