Summer Power - Sales and Purchasing
Summer Power - Sales and Purchasing
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. In 2018, our net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees and operations in over 200 locations, in more than 80 countries. This summer we are hiring 500 students from all technical and business fields to work with us in different positions, most of which are located in Vaasa. Other possible locations are Helsinki and Turku.
We enable sustainable societies with smart technology. Join us this summer!
In Summer Power Sales and Purhasing, we offer versatile tasks related to sales and purchasing processes with stakeholder cooperation, material management and sourcing. These positions can be situated within both Marine or Energy Business on a local or global scale in Finland.
As a multinational company, we also offer other material management related positions for the summer. These possibilities, such as in relation to Supply Chain Management, are included in this application category.
All work for both Purchasing and Sales within different Wärtsilä functions, is guided by the Wärtsilä purpose and our visions of the future. You will work under task related targets, quality standards and guidelines with the support of experienced colleagues. Part of your responsibility will be to support your team in daily tasks while conducting independent tasks within your responsibility area. You will also be in close cooperation with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Continuous development and innovation are a part of our culture, so you will get the chance to help us develop our operations in your area of expertise. More specific tasks will be determined based on your interests, experience and field of study.
In the Summer Power campaign, we have trainee possibilities for instance in the following functions:
- Indirect Purchasing
- Sales & Sales Support
- Supply Chain and Material Management
We are looking for motivated proactive students with a “can-do” attitude. We value team players and the ability to cooperate in a multicultural environment.
As an ideal candidate you have
- On-going studies in a relevant field (B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering, Economics or equivalent)
- Working fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Target oriented and analytical way of working
Seen as a benefit:
- Strong PC skills (e.g. SAP, MES, PowerBI knowledge)
- Knowledge of LEAN principles (e.g. value stream mapping, kaizen, root cause analysis)
- Understanding of foreign trade, shipping documents, Incoterms, export and import procedures
- Experience in logistics, sales, purchasing or supply chain management
- Additional language skills
Some of the positions may have Finnish or Swedish as language requirements, so please remember to mention your language skills and proficiency levels in your CV.
- The opportunity to work with latest software technologies
- Opportunities for career development
- An international working environment
- Team-centric work
- Real possibilities to develop our practices with your input
- The opportunity to compete in our annual Summer Innovation Challenge
Please apply by 28th February 2020.
Attach your CV and application letter when applying through the system. You can also include a link to your video CV. In the application letter, tell us what kind of opportunities you are interested in, what motivates you and why you would make a great Wärtsilian. Remember to mention relevant knowledge and skills that you can already offer as an employee.
Contact person to give further information:
Please check the Q&A on our Careers site to find answers to your questions.
Further information & questions on summer jobs via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When selecting students for summer jobs, only applications sent through our recruitment system will be considered. Please note that the summer job positions are for students only and there is no relocation costs or immigration support available for these positions.