Summer Power - Marketing and Communication
Summer Power - Marketing and Communication
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology into reality. We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work.
In 2019, our net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees and operations in over 200 locations, in more than 80 countries. This summer we are hiring over 300 students from all technical and business fields to work with us in different positions, located in Vaasa, Helsinki and Turku.
Together, we can create a sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Join the crew this summer!
In Summer Power Marketing and Communication, we offer versatile tasks related to content creation, documentation, writing and publishing text, social media posts and news. These positions can be situated in our local teams or in our global business driven teams within both Marine Business or Energy Business in Finland.
As a trainee, you will have the opportunity to work in various areas of expertise depending on your interest, field of study and the team you are in, while making it possible for Wärtsilä to better our communication and grow our brand recognition on a global scale.
All work for both in marketing and in communication teams, is guided by the Wärtsilä purpose and our visions of the future. You will work under task related targets, quality standards and guidelines with the support of experienced colleagues. Continuous development and innovation are a part of our culture, so you will also get the chance to help us develop our operations within your responsibility area.
You will have independent work responsibilities but also support your team in daily tasks and reporting.
- Producing content to different communications channels internally and externally
- Updating websites, communication channels and social media
- Writing, editing and translating texts and presentations
- Interviews and photographing
- Handling small campaigns or subprojects independently and coordinating updates for marketing materials
- Assistance in daily operational activities
We are looking for motivated students with a “can-do” attitude and interest towards both analytical and creative work. We value team players with the ability to cooperate in a multicultural environment.
As an ideal candidate you have
- On-going studies in a relevant field (B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent)
- Working fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent communication and organising skills
- An ability to work independently and effectively on multiple tasks
- A self-driven attitude
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office, content editing tools etc.)
Seen as a benefit:
- Fluency in Finnish and Swedish
- Experience with areas like content creation, social media, photography and editing
- Experience in corporate communication, marketing or branding
Some of the positions may have Finnish or Swedish as language requirements, so please remember to mention your language skills and proficiency levels in your CV.
- Variety in your work with versatile tasks related to communication
- Opportunities for career development
- An international working environment
- Dynamic team-centric work
- Real possibilities to develop our practices with your input
- The opportunity to participate in our award-winning “Summer Power Virtual” program
Please apply by 28th February 2021.
Attach your CV and application letter when applying through the system. In the application letter, tell us what kind of opportunities you are interested in, what motivates you and why you would make a great Wärtsilian. Remember to mention relevant knowledge and skills that you can already offer as an employee including relevant studies and courses.
Contact person to give further information:
Please check the Q&A on our Careers site to find answers to your questions.
Further information & questions on summer jobs via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When selecting students for summer jobs, only applications sent through our recruitment system will be considered. Please note that the summer job positions are for students only and there is no relocation costs and/or immigration support available for these positions.