Summer Power - Marketing and Communication
Summer Power - Marketing and Communication
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. In 2018, our net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees and operations in over 200 locations, in more than 80 countries. This summer we are hiring 500 students from all technical and business fields to work with us in different positions, most of which are located in Vaasa. Other possible locations are Helsinki and Turku.
We enable sustainable societies with smart technology. Join us this summer!
In Summer Power Marketing and Communication, we offer versatile tasks related to content creation, documentation, writing and publishing text, social media posts and news. These positions can be situated in our local teams or in our global business driven teams within both Marine Business or Energy Business in Finland.
As a trainee, you will have the opportunity to work in various areas of expertise depending on your interest, field of study and the team you are in, while making it possible for Wärtsilä to better our communication and grow our brand recognition on a global scale.
All work for both in marketing and in communication teams, is guided by the Wärtsilä purpose and our visions of the future. You will work under task related targets, quality standards and guidelines with the support of experienced colleagues. Continuous development and innovation are a part of our culture, so you will also get the chance to help us develop our operations within your responsibility area.
You will have independent work responsibilities but also support your team in daily tasks and reporting.
For example, in Wärtsilä Energy Marketing & Communications’ main goal is to speed up the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We do that by building brand recognition, increasing preference of Wärtsilä’s future-proof solutions, generating and nurturing marketing qualified leads and supporting sales.
- Producing content to different communications channels internally and externally
- Updating websites, communication channels and social media
- Writing, editing and translating texts and presentations
- Interviews and photographing
- Handling small campaigns or subprojects independently and coordinating updates for marketing materials
- Assistance in daily operational activities
We are looking for motivated students with a “can-do” attitude and interest towards both analytical and creative work. We value team players with the ability to cooperate in a multicultural environment.
As an ideal candidate you have
- On-going studies in a relevant field (Communication, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent)
- Working fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent communication and organising skills
- An ability to work independently and effectively on multiple tasks
- A self-driven attitude
- Good IT skills
Seen as a benefit:
- Additional language skills
Some of the positions may have Finnish or Swedish as language requirements, so please remember to mention your language skills and proficiency levels in your CV.
- Variety in your work with versatile tasks related to communication
- Opportunities for career development
- An international working environment
- Dynamic team-centric work
- Real possibilities to develop our practices with your input
- The opportunity to compete in our annual Summer Innovation Challenge
Please apply by 28th February 2020.
Attach your CV and application letter when applying through the system. You can also include a link to your video CV. In the application letter, tell us what kind of opportunities you are interested in, what motivates you and why you would make a great Wärtsilian. Remember to mention relevant knowledge and skills that you can already offer as an employee.
Contact person to give further information:
Please check the Q&A on our Careers site to find answers to your questions.
Further information & questions on summer jobs via email email@example.com.
When selecting students for summer jobs, only applications sent through our recruitment system will be considered. Please note that the summer job positions are for students only and there is no relocation costs or immigration support available for these positions.