Summer Power - Legal
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology into reality. We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work.
In 2019, our net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees and operations in over 200 locations, in more than 80 countries. This summer we are hiring more than 300 students from all technical and business fields to work with us in different positions, located in Vaasa, Helsinki and Turku.
Together, we can create a sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Join the crew this summer!
In Summer Power – Legal, trainee opportunities are within either our Energy Business or Marine Business or support functions where legal background is seen as beneficial.
In the legal affairs team, you will be working with colleagues in Wärtsilä`s is global organization. In your role as a legal trainee, you will focus on international transactions and contract law while supporting your colleagues in your team`s daily tasks. Thus, we expect that your interest lies in the field of international trade and that you have commercial awareness.
More specific tasks will be determined based on your interests, experience and studies.
For the Summer Power campaign, we are recruiting trainees for instance to positions in the following functions:
- Legal and Contract Management (Marine Business)
- Legal Affairs (Energy Business)
- Project Management
We are looking for motivated, energetic students with a “can-do” attitude. We value team players and the ability to cooperate in a multicultural environment.
As an ideal candidate you have
- On-going studies in a relevant field (Master of Laws or equivalent)
- Systematic and proactive way of working
- Working fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Good communication and team work skills
- Good eye for detail
- Ability to pick up large pieces of information from different sources.
Some of the positions may have Finnish or Swedish as language requirements, so please remember to mention your language skills and proficiency levels in your CV.
Seen as a benefit:
- International transactions and contract law
- Additional language skills
- Skills in documentation, documentation management or stakeholder communication
- Especially in project management, taxation related experience
- The opportunity to work in a company, in which our legal team won the FT Innovative Lawyers Award in 2018.
- An international working environment
- Team-centric work
- Possibilities to develop our practices with your input
- The opportunity to participate in our award-winning “Summer Power Virtual” program
Please apply by 28th February 2021.
Attach your CV and application letter when applying through the system. You can also include a link to your video CV. In the application letter, tell us what kind of opportunities you are interested in, what motivates you and why you would make a great Wärtsilian. Remember to mention relevant knowledge and skills that you can already offer as an employee.
Contact person to give further information:
Please check the Q&A on our Summer Power site to find answers to your questions.
Further information & questions on summer jobs via email email@example.com.
Note! When selecting students for summer jobs, only applications sent through our recruitment system will be considered. Please note that the summer job positions are for students only and there is no relocation costs or immigration support available for these positions.