Summer Power - Information Management
Summer Power - Information Management
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology into reality. We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work.
In 2019, our net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees and operations in over 200 locations, in more than 80 countries. This summer we are hiring over 300 students from all technical and business fields to work with us in different positions, located in Vaasa, Helsinki and Turku.
Together, we can create a sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Join the crew this summer!
Information Management (IM) integrates processes, systems and information, supports businesses in digitizing core operations and enables new digital business opportunities via technology and information. For development minded persons Wärtsilä IM offers an opportunity to shape the future of our business and be part of the global digital transformation.
As a global company, Wärtsilä also offers other IT related positions for the summer for example in Cyber Security and Software Development.
Trainee positions and tasks vary depending on the teams and tasks you are interested in.
For the Summer Power campaign, we are recruiting trainee for instance to positions in the following functions:
- IT Project Management and Agile development
- Service Management and Design thinking
- Robotics Process Automation
- Data Mining and Analytics
- Global connectivity infrastructure, IOT platforms, APIs and apps development
- Cloud- and Mobile services and solutions
- ICT Enterprise and business Architecture
- Platforms for ERP, CRM and PDM
- Programming & Coding
- Cloud Security
- Network Security (IT/OT)
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Architecture
- Ethical Hacking/ Penetration testing
We are looking for motivated and energetic students with a “can-do” attitude. We value team players with the ability to cooperate in a multicultural environment.
As an ideal candidate you have
- On-going studies in a relevant field (Information Technology, Software Engineering, Industrial Management or equivalent)
- Desire to get involved with the latest technologies
- Working fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Good communication and documentation skills
Seen as a benefit
- Hands-on experience in software development
- Knowledge and/or experience in Net, C#, Python and/or SQL
- The opportunity to work with latest software technologies
- Opportunities for career development
- An international working environment
- Team-centric work with independent responsibility areas
- Real possibilities to develop our practices with your input
- The opportunity participate in our award-winning “Summer Power Virtual” program
Please apply by 28th February 2021.
Attach your CV and application letter when applying through the system. In the application letter, tell us what kind of opportunities you are interested in, what motivates you and why you would make a great Wärtsilian. Remember to mention relevant knowledge and skills on programmes that you can already offer as an employee.
Contact person to give further information:
Please check the Q&A on our Careers site to find answers to your questions.
Further information & questions on summer jobs via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When selecting students for summer jobs, only applications sent through our recruitment system will be considered. Please note that the summer job positions are for students only and there is no relocation costs and/or immigration support available for these positions.