Summer Power - Financial Services
Summer Power - Financial Services
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology into reality. We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work.
In 2019, our net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees and operations in over 200 locations, in more than 80 countries. This summer we are hiring over 300 students from all technical and business fields to work with us in different positions, located in Vaasa, Helsinki and Turku.
Together, we can create a sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Join the crew this summer!
Most of our positions under the Summer Power -Financial Services are for the Wärtsilä Shared Service Center located in Vaasa but this category also includes other finance related positions for the summer. These possibilities can be for example in Trade Finance or Business Control.
Wärtsilä Shared Service Center (WSSC) supports the Wärtsilä companies in financial accounting and other operational tasks and acts as a gatekeeper to ensure compliance. WSSC is striving for harmonized one global Wärtsilä way of working worldwide with high quality, timely, effective and efficient processes. WSSC is sharing best practices and knowledge with focus on continuous development and operational excellence.
As a summer trainee, your main task is to support your team with daily tasks and perform work in your area of responsibility according to instructions, tools and required standards. More specific tasks will be determined by your field of study, interest and the function you are chosen for.
In the Summer Power campaign, we have trainee possibilities for instance in the following functions:
- Accounts Payable
- Travel Expenses
- Payments and Accounts Receivable
- Period End Closing
- Fixed Assets Accounting
- Admin billing
- Intra-Group Matching
- Master Data
- Financial Statutory Accounting including Finance, Customs and VAT
- Export Documentation
- Finance & Business Control
We are looking for motivated and detail-oriented students with a “can-do” attitude. We value team players and the ability to cooperate in a multicultural environment.
As an ideal candidate you have
- On-going studies in a relevant field (Economics, Financial Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Good IT skills (including MS Office programs)
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active, systematic and organised way of working
- Good customer service skills and mindset
Seen as a benefit:
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Access and/or PowerBI
- Interest in developing and automating financial processes
- Experience in shared services operations
- Additional language skills
- Knowledge of VAT and other tax regulations
- An opportunity to be involved in providing centralized services in a unique global scope
- Opportunities for career development
- A truly international working environment
- Team-centric work with independent focus areas
- The opportunity to participate in our award-winning “Summer Power Virtual” program
Please apply by 28th February 2021.
Attach your CV and application letter when applying through the system. In the application letter, tell us what kind of opportunities you are interested in, what motivates you and why you would make a great Wärtsilian. Remember to mention relevant knowledge and skills that you can already offer as an employee including relevant studies and courses.
Contact person to give further information:
Please check the Q&A on our Careers site to find answers to your questions.
Further information & questions on summer jobs via email email@example.com.
When selecting students for summer jobs, only applications sent through our recruitment system will be considered. Please note that the summer job positions are for students only and there is no relocation costs and/or immigration support available for these positions.