Student Ambassador - Tori, Oikotie & RakentajaSchibsted
THE OPPORTUNITY IN A NUTSHELL
You? Student in the business / tech / design / communication field at one of the universities in the Helsinki metropolitan area. Engaging communicator and self-starter interested in branding.
Role? First-ever Schibsted Student Ambassador for Schibsted Finland for 2023! As a Student Ambassador, you represent Schibsted as an employer at your university, coordinate events, create content and navigate in a network of different experts.
Contract? 12-month part-time contract with 5-15h/month, salary 15€/h. Flexible hours and the possibility to build your schedule as you wish. We’d love you to start in January!
Location? The capital region. We work in a hybrid way so it's up to you to decide whether you set up your office to your uni library, home couch or our office which is a few steps away from the Helsinki railway station. On Tuesdays and Thursdays you find many of us there thanks to our buns tradition, and well-being Thursday with morning porridge and yoga.
Why us? Opportunity to sneak behind the scenes of Finland’s beloved brands Tori, Oikotie & Rakentaja with +4M monthly users and have an international spark in your daily work when collaborating with Nordic colleagues. A flexible part-time job that supports you to grow expertise within marketing, event planning and project management. We dare to say that there’s no limit to your imagination as you’re encouraged to come up with initiatives and shape your work the way you see it the best.
Sounds like your cup of tea? Check out the details below!
WHO ARE YOU?
- Student in the field of business / tech / design / communication. You’ve completed at least 1 year of your study program at one of the Helsinki metropolitan area’s universities. You’ll be our first ever Student Ambassador in Finland, thus we chose to start looking for you from our office hoods.
- You possess good writing skills, articulate in an engaging way , and think outside the box on how we could best showcase Schibsted at your university.
- Independent working style - drafting your own agenda is your piece of cake.
- Fluency in English (even on Monday mornings ;-). Our company language is English and we gather people together from multiple backgrounds (memes in Spanish, Indian cooking recipes, database parodies, and dog videos circulate on our Slack channels).
- As a person , you’re a curious problem-solver and a self-starter with a growth and a win-it-together mindset and aren’t afraid of nuts to crack. Here’s a motivated, development-oriented bunch of positive thinkers waiting for you to share the journey!
WHAT’S THE JOB LIKE?
Day-to-day work & projects cooking
You’re our expert in student matters and act as a link between the student and the business world. Your most important mission is to share information about Schibsted as an employer with your student buddies, university and network by holding presentations, writing articles and creating content on our social media channels. You coordinate events such as student fairs, Schibsted Kids Coding Camp and our newly launched Schibsted Coding Challenge (check Henna’s or Venla’s LinkedIn posts about the challenge!).
As a variety of our colleagues take part in these happenings, you’re navigating in a network of our engaged colleagues from data, tech, product, people and business teams. Your work home is among our Employer Branding team who is welcoming your helping hand. You’re encouraged to unleash your creativity, to dive into digital marketing opportunities and also to take part in hiring the Student Ambassador for 2024 at the end of your ambassadorship. We’re curious to hear your ideas on how to make ourselves known in an impactful way among students and your university. To get inspired, have a sneak peak on what Student Ambassadors in the Nordics have been up for!
Not everything is cotton candy clouds, so here’s the main opportunity to improve
As this is the first Student Ambassador for us in Finland, we’ve ideas on how the ambassadorship would look like but nothing has been tested locally in practice. Thus, you’ve autonomy and responsibility from day one to build up the ambassadorship. You’re not on the mission alone. Henna, your mentor and our Employer Branding Specialist, is here to support you and we also encourage you to reach out to our Nordic colleagues and to check out what previous Student Ambassadors have been up to in the other Nordics. Not the easiest task, we’ve to admit, but on the other hand, this brings along a great opportunity to leave your fingerprint on how Schibsted Student Ambassadorship turns out in Finland! Pretty exciting, huh?
Your closest support and colleagues in Finland is our (best ever) People Team Alessia, Henna, Venla, Ritva, Janita, Enna & Elisa and we’re already eagerly waiting to get to know you! We’re all committed to our work and embrace laughter and jokes along the way! Here’re three fun facts about us:
1. 50% of our team members have birthdays in September.
2. We organise fun things together, such as breakfasts, Christmas calendars, games, etc.!
3. 4/7 of us joined Schibsted as consultants but are now employees!!
Also on the Nordic level, the Employer Branding team will have your back with any questions you might have along the way.
Schibsted, product company, gathering together Tori, Oikotie, & Rakentaja reaching +4M users monthly. Over 250 colleagues in Finland and 5500 in the Nordics want to steer innovation on News media, Marketplaces & Growth adventures to empower the millions of people interacting with us in their daily lives. We’re lucky to work with colleagues who share the passion for their work, are friendly and caring. Our community embraces curiosity, teamwork, a problem-solving mindset, and continuous learning. Have a sneak peek at our boogie on LinkedIn & Instagram and get to know the Schibsted Tech & Shetech Communities along with the Schibsted Talks podcast hosted by our very own colleagues.
Inclusion at Schibsted means creating a fair workspace where each of us is respected and celebrated by the stories we bring within us and given equal opportunities to thrive. Check our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging on our sustainability page.
GOT YOUR ATTENTION? Let us hear from you!
If you are looking for a part-time job in which you could share your knowledge and expertise, learn and grow, get inspired, be yourself, and enjoy what you do, let us hear from you! We’re eagerly waiting for you to turn yourself in by Tuesday, November 29.
Your mentor and our Employer Branding Specialist Henna is happy to tell you about the monthly work and answer any questions you might have about the role. Henna is best available over the phone (+358 400 473690) 11:00-12:00 on Monday 21.11. and 11:00-12:00 on Thursday 24.11. or by LinkedIn/email any time (henna.makiaho(at)schibsted.com).
1. 45 min meeting with Alessia, our Talent Acquisition Specialist (your background & future ambitions, role goals & expectations, Schibsted as an employer)
2. Creative Challenge that you present to Henna in your second interview (the idea is to get a glimpse of your ideation and presentation skills)
3. 60 min chat with Henna, your mentor (get to know each other, going through your Creative Challenge, how would it be to work with us).
In every interview, we’ve saved 10-15 minutes for you to interview us. So think about things you’d like to know and have the courage to ask difficult questions! The hiring decision always has two sides: we make our choice, but most importantly, you’re making a big decision for your future. Hence, we want to make sure that all your questions are answered and you’ve all the necessary tools before taking your next career step.