We are looking for a Strategist to be our leading expert in the field of climate science, and to lead our development program for related capabilities. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our partners and end-users in academia, research institutions and in industry, as well as our own domain experts. In addition, you are expected to follow closely the development of the related research infrastructures, research policies and politics, distilling and disseminating the weak and strong signals for our own strategy work and management. You will report to the director of LUMI Leadership Computing Facility.
The strategist will be responsible in progressing the following themes:
- Coordinating CSC’s and LUMI’s contribution to EU’s Destination Earth program
- Coordinating CSC’s involvement in research infrastructures and projects, contributing to related project acquisition
- Positioning LUMI as the go-to platform for computational climate science in Europe, and coordination the development of the LUMI computing environment to match that status
- Building and keeping up our relations with the climate research community
- Influencing activities related to Green Deal and other climate policy topics
- Being a publicly visible spokesperson for (computational) climate science
The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. in an applicable field and solid research background in climate science, numerical weather prediction or related field. The key competences are thematic know-how, understanding in research infrastructures and research policy, as well as capabilities and skills for handling complex projects. We expect a candidate to have a proven track record in project management. We value outstanding presentation, communication and networking skills.
Please send your application by 21.9.2021 through our recruitment pages www.csc.fi/careers.