Strategic Technology Manager
Are you passionate about technology development and ready to commercialize new technologies to enable more sustainable transportation?
We are looking for a Strategic Technology Manager to join our Lignocellulosic Business Platform in Espoo or Kilpilahti, Finland, Stockholm, Sweden, Düsseldorf, Germany, or Amsterdam or Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
The Lignocellulosic Business Platform is an entrepreneurial and growing team within Neste’s Innovation function. Our ambition is to build new businesses for Neste, bringing to market new technologies to produce fuels and chemicals from lignocellulosic biomass.
Your part in Neste journey
You will play a key role in the development and commercialization of new lignocellulose conversion and upgrading technologies and projects.
In your role you will
- Lead and coordinate technology concept development and validation activities, working in close collaboration with Neste R&D and Neste Engineering Solutions
- Collaborate and partner with external technology, industrial and development partners
- Coordinate and lead technology demonstration and commercialization project development
- Identify, evaluate and implement further opportunities for broadening Neste’s leading position in renewable products
- Ensure internal support, resourcing and contract frameworks for projects and partnerships
- Participate in defining Neste’s business strategy for lignocellulose based renewable products
You will work closely with colleagues in the Lignocellulosics Business Platform, Neste Innovation and Neste Engineering Solutions as well as several external partners. You will report to the Head of Business Development, Innovation Business Platform Lignocellulosic Fuels & Materials.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Master’s degree from a relevant field, e.g. engineering, science
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience from the interface of technology and business, e.g. managing engineering, process design and/or technology validation from a business perspective
- Proven track record in project management
- Strategic mindset and ability to understand the big picture
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and communication skills
- Drive and resilience to succeed in complex projects
- Fluent English language skills
- Willingness to travel
We also value know-how and experience from
- Technology and concept development in oil refining and/or lignocellulose conversion processes
- Licensing and business partnership agreements
- Intellectual property evaluation and creation
- Investment project management
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. Our three values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” are embedded in our everyday work. Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Head of Business Development, Juha-Erkki Nieminen, +358 50 458 50 89 on Thursday, 17th of June at 12:00-13:00 EET or on Tuesday, 22nd of June at 13-14 EET.
Please submit your application by Sunday, 27 June 2021.
The recruitment process will include interviews and possible aptitude testing.
A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable. In 2021, Neste placed 4th on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
For more information, please visit neste.com.