We are searching for a
As a strategic purchaser, you will take responsibility of particular product categories, supplier management and strategic procurement activities. In this role, you need to understand both business and technical requirements for your procurement category and follow the market development for this certain responsibility area.
The role will preferably be based in Joensuu, Finland. In addition, we offer the possibility to work remotely. The position requires ability to travel both in Finland and abroad.
- Procurement category strategy planning and execution
- Managing the supplier base; supplier performance and related KPI´s
- Work as part of Abloy Finland strategic procurement team as well as with EMEA Category Management team
- Assuring supplier compliance and adherence to Abloy policies/procedures, quality, safety and environmental standards
- Work as valuable team member in new product development projects
- Protect company’s cost structure by successfully defining and implementing savings activities together with the suppliers
- Monitor and react to supply market trends
We are looking for
- A strong and active negotiator whose communication skills both in Finnish and in English are excellent (written and spoken)
- A Person who is motivated and capable of working independently and well organized, sometimes under pressure.
- A technical or a business degree from a university or B.SC in technical / industrial engineering
- Experience in carrying out procurement projects and in category & supplier management
- Six Sigma (green or black belt) is considered as an advantage
- Min 2 years’ experience in Sourcing, Supply Chain Management or other relevant business area and a good technical understanding from manufacturing industry. It is an advantage if you already have experience on mechanical components categories.
- Contract management skills
- Knowledge of methods and tools related to supplier quality management such as Production parts approval process, quality control plans, Statistical Process Control, Failure-Mode-Effect Analysis, DMAIC Methodology, Six Sigma and Lean
For more information kindly contact Maiju Laukkanen, Procurement Manager, tel. +358 40 678 7450.
Please complete your application, written in English, no later than 25th of January 2021: https://www.sympahr.net/public/pq.aspx?2246c09c&lang=en-US
Please note that we will start interviews already during the application period.