AT WÄRTSILÄ, PEOPLE ARE THE ULTIMATE
STRATEGIC PURCHASER (Temporary 12 months)
We are a global multinational marine, energy and industrial company with a proud heritage in the marine industry. With over 19000 employees worldwide, 5bn+ of turnover and one of the most established brand in the Marine sector, we are also one of the most progressive and innovative companies in our space.
Indirect Purchasing (IP) is organised as a part of Supply Management in Wärtsilä. Local purchasing organisations are responsible of handling all IP categories within the country. The biggest IP country at Wärtsilä is Finland, where annual spend and amount of IP actions are significant.
We are looking for Strategic Purchaser for Indirect Purchasing Finland organisation to manage indirect purchasing for Facility Management & Services category locally in Finland and additionally to Support other indirect purchasing categories in Finland.
- Lead contract and purchasing negotiations
- Ensures all needed contracts with applicable terms & conditions and NDAs are in place
- Analyse future demand trends
- Execute benchmarking
- Execute and support supplier selection or rationalisation processes
- Develop and execute strategic purchasing and action plans for the category in alignment with Indirect Purchasing strategy
- Capture and secure synergy opportunities and innovations, such as Robotics Process Automation, bringing benefits to the businesses
- Coordinates creation of needed guidelines and policies for the Category and ensure that all relevant information is available for end users by communicating, training and steering end users
- Supports compliance and savings reporting within the country
- Supports and coordinates strategic work with Operative Purchasing, Category manager and Country Manager
- Works as part of the purchasing team for Wärtsiläs Smart Technology Hub project
- Education: B.Sc or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Sourcing experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Understanding of supply agreements. Knowledge of construction and facility related agreements, seen as a benefit
- Good management and change management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and co-operation skills
- Independent, proactive, development-minded and goal focused attitude to work
- Fluent written and spoken English and Finnish, Swedish seen as an advantage
Possible LOCATION for this position is Vaasa. The position is temporary for 12 months.
Nea Lindell, Country Manager, Indirect Purchasing Finland, at +358 40 557 3655, on:
- Friday, the 31st of May between 15.00-16.00
- Monday, the 3rd of June between 15.00-16.00
- Wednesday, the 5th of June between 15.00-16.00
Please submit your application, including your salary request by 14.6.2019 at www.wartsila.com/careers