We are strengthening our team and looking for business driven and innovative strategic Business Development Director to our Energy Business Unit.
In this role you will lead our strategic development processes to ensure profitable business growth and long-term competitiveness in co-operation with a wide network. You will be a key contributor to support and steer Energy business unit’s strategic business development planning and implementation.
We in Valmet’s Energy business unit provide globally resource efficient, flexible and clean solutions for pulp & paper, heat & power generation, industrial, waste management and marine customers. Our offering covers boiler and gasification plants with their rebuilds as well as technologies that help our customers control their emissions efficiently. In addition we are expanding our offering to pyrolysis plant solutions and emerging energy technologies. Business unit has ownership of sales, products, project execution, engineering, R&D & Technology and production. Business unit has profit and loss responsibility.
As a Strategic Business Development Director you will
- be responsible for strategic business development in Energy business unit and in energy segments (Process technologies, Automation, Services)
- manage strategic development project portfolio from strategic initiatives to M&A’s
- lead Energy business unit’s Strategic Management team
- develop, support and implement business unit level strategic development projects
- develop strategic partnership with customers, business partners and technology partners
- be responsible for Strategic planning process in Energy business unit according to Valmet’s and Pulp and Energy Business line’s guidelines
In this position, you will work together with Technology units, Sales & Business development and Technology functions in Energy business unit. You will also maintain close cooperation with Pulp and Energy business unit’s, Valmet’s Strategy functions and Area organizations. You are part of Energy business unit’s leadership team, reporting to the Vice President of Energy business unit.
This role will be based preferably in Tampere, but Vantaa in capital area is also possible.
To succeed in this job, you will have a strong technology, business development and leadership qualities, excellent communication and influencing skills, strong drive and an analytical approach that helps you positively impact to business direction. International and complex operating environment is familiar to you as well as leading in matrix organization. In addition you have the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Master's degree in Technology, Business administration or other relevant university equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in strategy, business development or managing technology development and related expertise teams
- Experience in creating strategies and new concepts
- Experience in multi-cultural, industrial environment (knowledge of one or more of the major customer segments is considered a benefit)
- Project management capabilities
- Proven change management skills
- Independence and a sense of initiative in the working style
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English along with presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of cultural differences and ability to adapt communication and management style accordingly
- Good co-operation and networking skills in a matrix organization
- Readiness to travel
We offer you a highly interesting and challenging position in a global forward-looking business environment with many opportunities for personal growth and development. With this role you get to contribute to the success of the professional organization and its’ committed people. This is your chance to go all in and put your skills on the line - in this team we move forward together with a good energy!
If we caught your interest and you are eager to hear more, please turn to recruiting line manager Aleksi Salmirinne, Vice President, Energy Business Unit during the following times: Thursday the 1st of July, Wednesday the 3rd of August or Tuesday the 9th of August 14:00-15:00 EET (tel: +358 40 715 5714 or email@example.com).
To apply for the position, please fill in the online application Aug 12th, 2022, at the latest.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 14,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.
Join the team! www.valmet.com/careers