Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for Specialist, Sourcing for permanent position to join our Technology and Productivity team. The position is located in Tampere, Finland or in any location of Timber’s factories (Alholma, Kaukas, Korkeakoski and Seikku).
UPM Timber produces red and white wood sawn timber to joinery, packaging, distribution and construction industries. We use certified Nordic raw material and latest sawmilling techniques to produce high quality sawn timber that fulfills our customers’ requirements. UPM Timber has four sawmills in Finland with the total annual capacity of 1.5 M cubic meters and own sales network in Europe and Asia. UPM Timber employs around 410 people and is headquarter in Tampere. www.upmtimber.com
What you’ll do
- Take care of procurement management sourcing process as a whole
- Handle sourcing documentation
- Work as a link between the sawmills and UPM distributors
- Be responsible for development and harmonization of sourcing processes inside Timber
- Take care of claim handling
- Handling project procurement when required
- Prepare various reports and statistics to support decision making
- Communicate regularly with external and internal stakeholders, including lot of communication internally with the mills
Who you are
- You have at least 1-3 years of experience in buying or sourcing processes
- You are self-driven and you have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You are eager to improve and streamline existing sourcing processes
- You have good spoken and written English skills
- You have good IT skills and ability to use modern sourcing tools
- You are willing to travel
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: You are responsible of Timber sourcing process. Together with UPM sourcing, sawmills and productivity and technology team you can develop sourcing processes as a whole.
- Inspired and motivated team: You are a part of productivity and technology team. We work together with sawmills to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Heikki Ruohonen, Director, Technology and Productivity by email email@example.com or by phone +358405001808.
Please apply via the apply button and attach your CV and cover letter by 30th of June. We will start going through the applications already during application period so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.