Specialist, Fund managementValmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Who we are and what we do?
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally 4.000 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle business line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
For our EVBL we are looking for an organized Specialist, Fund Management with strong communication skills. Optimal candidate is working self dependently and efficiently coordinating with various internal and external stakeholders.
Here’s where you’ll make an impact:
Your main task is to be the responsible administrator of nominated public funding projects involving all internal stakeholders. You will be the responsible person to guide the organization in relation to rules and restrictions of different funding elements. You will be the interface towards authorities and participate in related national and international events, reporting to Innovation Manager.
- Responsibility of coordination of selected funding projects
- Participate in consortium meetings and be the company representative in related working groups
- Maintain a portfolio view of ongoing projects and activities and keep track of portfolio schedule and budgets
- Reporting of the activities according rules to the fund provider with the support of project managers and financial controllers
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the rules, requirements, and limitations for allocating budget of the relevant fund
- Create and utilize network within the organization to find synergies and improve communication between different functions
- Supporting innovation management process execution
The position will be located in Salo/Turku, Finland and will include occasional travelling within Finland and Europe.
We hope that you would have:
- A degree in Engineering, Business or similar
- Experience and proven track record of working with public funding instruments (such as Horizon or Business Finland innovation funding)
- Fundamental knowledge and experience of manufacturing industry and knowledge of the e-mobility battery market
- Good communication, networking and presentation skills
- Experience in project management
- Good business understanding including general knowledge of business financials
- Understanding of engineering and innovation management in industrial environment is a plus
- Expertise in High-voltage battery technologies considered as a plus
- Hands-on mentality and open-mindset, paired with a flexible and solution-oriented and self-motivated working style to cope with the work environment of a fast-growing company
- Professional proficiency in written and oral English, Finnish language skills considered as a plus
Our special extras:
- An employer committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business practices
- Friendly colleagues ready to support you
- Performance-related annual bonuses
- Possibility of remote and flexible working
- Ergonomic and modern workstations
- Versatile e-learning opportunities (e.g. LinkedIn Learning and Rosetta Stone language courses)
- Free use of the gym at the Salo IoT Campus
- Electronical employee benefit ePassi, which can be used for sports, cultural and wellness services
Simply upload your application documents via our application tool by 19.02.2023. If you’ve got the basic skills we need, there's nothing standing in the way of a first interview, in which we'll be happy to clarify all your questions!