Specialist, Burner SystemsMetso Outotec
The Specialist, Burner Systems is a technical specialist position in the Global field service group primarily tasked with supporting the KFS burner PL equipment for both services and capital plant. This person will require ‘hands-on’ training in the installation, troubleshooting, and operation of a variety of Metso Outotec Burner and Pyro equipment. The goal is for the individual to become proficient in all aspects of the Metso Outotec KFS PL equipment in order to service the customer’s requirements.
The Senior Specialist, Burner Systems is responsible for providing advisory services to Metso customers, Metso Outotec labor, and/or third-party contractors on existing or newly acquired equipment and components.
This position requires a talent for working with other people, fellow employees, customers and contractors. Must be capable of making quick, accurate decisions relative to problem solution & problem liability. This position will be trained primarily by the product experts based on the High Wycombe, UK office and in the field at the jobsite as/if required.
The target for the successful applicant will be to develop their expertise to a master certification level within the MO Training Program.
The job is a global position requiring extensive travel to any jobsite. Location for this position is Finland, Espoo or other location in Finland are negotiable. Also High Wycombe in UK is possible location.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prior to arrival at field assignment location, study, plan, and prepare for field work based on the detailed scope of work, drawings, specifications, Metso Outotec and customer policies/procedures/rules/regulations, specific instructions, etc.
• Provide advisory service during installation, checkout, start-up, and commissioning to ensure safety and proper equipment and system erection by customer, customer's sub-contractor, Metso Outotec labor and/or Metso Outotec sub-contractor is in accordance with contract designs and drawing requirements.
• Coordinate field activity with the customer, customer’s sub-contractor, Metso Outotec labor and/or Metso Outotec sub-contractor to maintain the specified schedule.
• Make mechanical and process measurements and collect historical data on the equipment operation
• When appropriate, make recommendations to improve operational methods and/or efficiency
• Troubleshoot mechanical problems and advise on corrective action and repairs.
• Troubleshoot burner related process problems and advise on corrective action and repairs.
• Troubleshoot Valve, Instrumentation and Control system problems
• Keep the Project Manager, Field Service Manager and Engineering team up to date daily as necessary on-site progress, problems, delays, etc.
• Keep accurate records regarding job progress, delays, problems, deliveries, changes, extras, and engineering and fabrication errors.
• Write, and timely submit, accurate, detailed technical reports of completed projects for submission to the customer and internal departments outlining the summary of the job, problems encountered
• Document all job delays and their cause and ensure client comprehends and signs the documentation.
• Insure client issues proper documentation for extra work and changes.
• Ensure client signs time verification sheets for MO and MO subcontractor personnel prior to leaving site.
• Ensure sub-contractors verify problems and provide proposals for re-work and extra work.
• Perform training of the client's personnel in mechanical and/or electrical maintenance of the equipment.
• Timely submission of accurate expense reports according to MO travel policies and procedures.
• Visit customers with the sales force to develop and grow service business opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty safely and satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Training will be provided on products and processes but a willingness to learn is essential
• Associates degree, diploma or similar in the field of engineering or with relevant field experience…e.g.: millwright certification, automation, Instrumentation, process, electrical, welding background etc.
• 3 years+ experience in sitework
• Interest to learn and understand Combustion and Pyro processes
• Valid driver’s license
• Valid passport
• Previous experience in burner and combustion system commissioning
• Knowledge of high temperature processes
• Knowledge of burner management systems and PLC programming
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
• Must have a talent for working with other people effectively, fellow employees, customers, contractors.
• Capability of making quick, accurate decisions relative to problem solution and problem liability.
• Must be well organized and able to maintain accurate records and communicate reliable information through detailed technical reports.
• Mechanical and/or electrical and instrumentation knowledge and abilities a must.
• Capability to understand the various product applications marketed by Metso.
• Ability to read and interpret imperial and metric tape measurers, dial indicators, calipers, micrometers, and engineering and architectural drawings.
• Ability to travel frequently with extended durations (1 week to 6 weeks).
• Regular International travel may be required with durations (1 week to 6 weeks).
• Ability to stay in remote locations for extended periods and have the stamina to work long hours during emergency breakdowns and peak periods.
• Ability to use all extremities to efficiently operate manual tools, power tools, analytical tools office and computer equipment.
• Ability to work in a variety of environments which may include exposure to extreme heat, humidity, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, loud noise, and all-weather conditions.
• Climbing of, and working on, stairs, ladders, and scaffolding, occasionally at extreme heights, is required.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and ability to read engineering drawings, meters, and documentation.
• Ability to hear audible warning horns.
• Must be able to effectively communicate verbally.
We offer you an opportunity to work in global community and influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources. We have diverse career opportunities and we support employees’ competence development and growth. By joining Metso Outotec, you will be sitting in the driver’s seat of your own career. At Metso Outotec we value teamwork, collaboration and diversity. You will also get bunch of employee benefits, such as occupational health care and employee bike
If you got interested, please apply by sending your resume and application through Metso Outotec career page (link below) latest by December, 18, 2022.
For more information about the role please contact Mike Tanner,Sr Manager, Global Field Services, Bulk and Pyro. Email: email@example.com
Metso Outotec muualla verkossaTyönantajan verkkosivulle