Lappset provides play and sport experiences for all ages. By creating inspiring playces, we help people all over the world to strengthen their heartbeats. Our family-owned company’s head office is in Rovaniemi – we have subsidiaries and operations in different parts of the world. At Lappset, we work, grow and develop, together as a team. We promote equality, inclusion and diversity and support an active lifestyle and wellbeing of our staff. https://www.lappset.fi
We are looking for a Sourcing Manager (Helsinki or Rovaniemi)
Our Sourcing Manager will get to work in a less formal, entrepreneurial team, with professional colleagues. The job is a good fit for a person, who is proactive and has a hands-on approach towards problem resolution and is a skilled multitasker. For Sourcing Manager, it is important to be able to see and understand the big picture. Our Sourcing Manager gets to work with multifaceted, challenging, and interesting tasks. Sourcing Manager will work in our Lappset Group Procurement department.
At Lappset, we want our employees to be well-off in both work and private life. Active life and wellbeing is our business and a matter of the heart. Therefore, we offer our employees e.g. bicycle benefit and benefits in the field of exercise, culture, and well-being. We organize all-in days and other nice events for our people, which promote our already great team spirit and culture. With Lappset, you get to do meaningful work in a sustainable way, promoting well-being, play and movement.
Your tasks include:
- Sourcing and securing new suppliers and promoting new sourcing opportunities internally
- Selecting main supplier and back up supplier, building supply case capability
- Maintaining and developing existing supplier relations both for Lappset project and seasonal business needs
- Monitoring and following progress statuses of all purchasing orders, taking action on deviation
- Collaborating with internal business case teams and external customers
- Organizing and keeping clear records of procurement decisions, including evaluation of suppliers and their performance on quality, sustainability, price and lead times
- Improving purchasing results by finding new suppliers or developing existing supplier
- Depending on your ongoing projects, there is traveling in this position, e.g. visiting fairs, suppliers, customers and partners
Following key competencies help you to succeed in this task:
- Academic degree in BA or economics, project procurement or logistics (missing degree can be substituted by relevant work experience and knowledge)
- Former experience in international trading or purchasing
- Experience from family attraction industry or category sourcing
- Deeper knowledge in one or more materials or industries
- Experience with reporting through an ERP system
- Fluent English, oral and written
In addition, these are beneficial attributes:
- Experience in playground, or furniture industry
- Experience in previous work with a Nordic company
- Oral Finnish
We expect you to work in Helsinki or Rovaniemi. We are using a hybrid working model. This position is permanent, and the work will start as soon as possible. In this position you will report to VP, Group Procurement. We review applications as they come, so apply now or at the latest on August 10th 2022. Please attach your salary request to the application.
For more information, please contact our recruiting partner Töölön Vire, firstname.lastname@example.org, please leave a message and we will get back to you.