Sourcing Manager, Projects; Turku/UusikaupunkiValmet Automotive Oy
Speed has always been in our DNA.
Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 4 500 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on electric mobility – paired with outstanding manufacturing competencies – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
We are looking for a Sourcing Manager to deal with our Indirect Project Purchasing (line investments, including MRO). In this role you are responsible of managing and coordinating project RFI/RFP/RFQ activities, contract negotiations and management, awarding of supplier selection and contract management. In addition you will provide input to developing, implementing and maintaining purchasing SOP to support both R&D and Operations. Naturally ensuring project investment budget, resource planning and on time delivery are a part of your job description.
You will work directly with the Manufacturing Engineering Team and Machinery and Equipment (M&E) and service provider partners to drive improvement in total cost of ownership and improved asset reliability.
Last, but definitely not least, your daily work includes leading Indirect Sourcing Projects team. You will learn from the team, while coaching and mentoring the team to develop and execute effective procurement practices including category strategies, supplier negotiations and supplier performance management systems.
- A degree in business administration or engineering.
- Several years experience in strategic sourcing and leading multi-cultural, cross-functional teams.
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills complimented by strong communication and coordination skills
- Excellent team leading and coaching skills
- Experience of successful negotiations and complex business agreements
- Experience in developing and implementing sourcing strategies and in negotiation tactics to deliver business objectives and to achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Fluent English and Finnish is essential
Our offices are located in Uusikaupunki and Turku. However, we are making work flexible and you can work almost anywhere. However, since this is the Manager position and you have subordinates, the regular visits in Uusikaupunki plant or Turku office are must, in order to get to know, support and coach your team in proper way.
The latest development in the automotive industry – and ultimately our company – promises candidates an inspiring career. Where a long heritage as one of the world’s most significant car builders meets up with the spirit of unlimited opportunities is Valmet Automotive, offering you a sense of accomplishment, a good work–life balance and a feeling of creating something new. Of course, in the typical Nordic calmness at all ten locations in Finland, Germany and Poland.
Director, Sourcing and Supplier Quality
Tel. 0400 224 475
Tel. +358 50 439 3012
Now it’s your turn – take the fast lane and apply latest by August, 21st