Sourcing Manager, Green Coffee
Oy Gustav Paulig Ab
As Sourcing Manager, you will be working in the Green Coffee Sourcing Team and report to the Head of Sourcing and Hedging, Green Coffee. You will be working with the purchase of raw material within the area of green coffee. You are responsible for ensuring that sourcing activities are done on a competitive basis, based on the given raw material specifications and on a high and stable level of service. You are also responsible for driving continuous improvement within your own area and to ensure that the strategy and goals within the team is followed.
This role is a permanent position and located in our headquarters in Vuosaari, Helsinki.
In your role of Sourcing Manager, Green Coffee, you:
- Execute sourcing activities based on developed and accepted category strategy, policies and practices.
- Contribute on the development of sourcing category strategy & supplier selections, negotiate suppliers' contracts & manage your own suppliers' relationships.
- Total performance of your suppliers in terms of all dimensions of price-availability-quality-sustainability.
- Stock management, supply planning with a link to Integrated Business Planning.
- Contribute on developing hedging strategies and tactics for financial derivatives trading.
- Analyze & develop deep understanding of the coffee supply markets, including external economic factors which influence commodity markets.
- Manage differential & availability risk for own categories.
- Conduct market analyses at physical coffee market and coffee future market.
- Coffee cupping (tasting) on a daily basis.
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategy and ensure implementation.
- Collaborate with other functions internally.
We expect you to have:
- University degree in economics, engineering or equivalent.
- A high level of business acumen and legal management knowledge.
- At least 3+ years’ of relevant experience in international sourcing environment.
- Experience in commodity trading is beneficial.
- Thorough in your way of working, but still with the ability to prioritize and focus on problem solving.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written is required. Fluency in Finnish is considered as an advantage.
- To enjoy this role, you need a driving character and enjoy working independently and in teams. You should like working in fast moving area and be a flexible person that can handle new directions and work with several task simultaneously.
- In this position you will need to travel every now and then.
What we offer:
- Challenging and interesting work in family-owned company work with strong brands and products
- A work community that shares strong values Strive for Excellence, Stay Curious and Grow Together and sticks together in the quest of For a life full of flavour.
- What do our employees think about Paulig? According to our employee engagement survey TellUs 2018, 92% of Pauligians see that our strategy and goals are worth aiming for, 93% see we are living up to the company values and 91% see the future of the company looks bright.
- Constantly developing company where you won’t get bored.
For further questions, please contact Head of Sourcing & Hedging, Green Coffee András Koroknay-Pál +358 40 700 3088 on the following times: 11th June, 2020 at 14.00-15.30 or 15th June, 2020 at 14.00-15.00 or 18th June, 2020 at 10.00-11.00.
Did you get excited? We would be happy to hear from you! Please apply by sending your CV and application with your salary request latest on June 21st, 2020 at our website https://www.pauliggroup.com/work-with-us.
Do you want to get to know us better? Go and have a look: @pauligfi, #munpaulig, #mypaulig, pauliggroup.com.