Sourcing Manager, Green Coffee
Oy Gustav Paulig Ab
As Sourcing Manager you will be working in the Green Coffee Sourcing Team and report to the Head of Sourcing, Green Coffee. You will be working with the purchase of raw material within the area of green coffee. You are responsible for ensuring that sourcing activities are done on a competitive basis, based on the given raw material specifications and on a high and stable level of service. You are also responsible for driving continuous improvement within your own area.
- Execute sourcing activities based on developed and accepted category strategy, policies and practices
- Contribute on the development of sourcing category strategy & supplier selections; negotiates supplier's contracts & manages his/her own supplier's relationships.
- Total performance of his/her suppliers in terms of all dimensions of price-availability-quality-sustainability.
- Analyze & develop deep understanding of the coffee supply markets, including external economic factors which influence commodity markets
- Manage price & availability risk of own categories
- Conduct market analyses at physical coffee market and coffee future market
- Coffee cupping (tasting) on a daily basis
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategy and ensure implementation
- Collaboration with other functions internally
- We are looking for a person with university degree in economics, engineering or equivalent. We need you to have a high level of business acumen.
- You have at least 3+ years’ of relevant experience in international sourcing environment. Experience in commodity trading is beneficial.
- You shall also have both capabilities and passion for organoleptic analyses.
- We expect you to be thorough, but still with the ability to prioritize and focus on problem solving.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written is required.
- Your positive attitude and drive for development makes you always seek for best practices, and therefore a great member to our team. With your excellent social capabilities you build valuable partnerships in the international world of coffee.
In this position you will need to travel now and then.
What we offer:
- We offer you an exciting and challenging permanent position located in Finland, at Paulig Group’s headquarters in Vuosaari, Helsinki.
- You will be working with a challenging and interesting work in a family-owned company with strong brands and products.
- What do our employees think about Paulig? According to our employee engagement survey TellUs 2018, 92% of Pauligians see that our strategy and goals are worth aiming for, 93% see we are living up to the company values and 91% see the future of the company looks bright.
- Our work community shares strong values Strive for Excellence, Stay Curious and Grow Together and sticks together in the quest of For a life full of flavour.
For further questions please contact Head of Sourcing, Green Coffee András Koroknay-Pál +358 40 700 3088, November 25th at 11.00-12.00 or November 26th at 14.00-16.00. Please leave your CV and application with salary request by December 8th.