Solutions Sales Lead, Mobility and Transport
Do you want to have a job that is not just a job? At VTT you can make a difference together with other brilliant minds. Our VTT Commercial Operations unit drives customer centricity.
We are now looking for Solution Sales Lead to strengthen the Sales & Partnerships team and act as a key interface to the Mobility and Transport research area.
The Mobility and transport research is driven by global challenges and finding growth opportunities provided to our customers and the society. We are active in building innovation ecosystems and partnerships both nationally and internationally.
The Mobility and Transport research area focuses on top research for the transition of the transport sector. The key activities are in automated transport, user-oriented digital services for mobility as well as emission-free and carbon-neutral energy solutions for transport. We look at transport as a system and through impact assessment we evaluate new technologies and phenomena. We develop and validate technologies for vehicles, combustion engines, electric and hybrid drives and fuel cells as well as advanced fuels and hydrogen. In addition to a wide variety of land transport, we apply our research work to marine applications, where also arctic and harsh environments are considered. The research area is formed by nine research teams and comprises of altogether 120 professional researchers of the transport domain.
As a Solution Sales Lead you will be part of the Mobility and Transport Leadership Team leading the Research Area´s sales activities and planning future strategies especially from sales and customer strategy point of view. You will manage and support the execution of day-to-day customer sales activities within Research Area sales community.
With us, you will be responsible for:
• Building virtual sales teams among researcher community
• Planning sales and marketing activities
• Creating new offerings in collaboration with Research Area and Marketing
• Capturing joint customer and VTT business opportunities
• Building strategic customer alignment and seeking new consultative selling opportunities
• Analysing market opportunities for Research Area and seeking new growth customers according to sales strategy
• Keeping track of the sales funnel in the CRM and coordinating the activities towards the customers
• Active participation into offering development.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
• Track record of managing demanding customer relationships, selling complex projects and creating new business
• Strong collaboration and networking skills
• Good understanding of mobility and/or transport -related customer segments. It is an advantage if you have gained experience in the sales role in the aforementioned technologies
• Good communication skills in Finnish and English, both oral and written, are required
• Other possible language skills are considered as an advantage
• Master´s level in a relevant field as preference.
As a person you are
You have a well-developed business understanding and passion for helping our customers to further develop their business and find win-win solutions. As a person, you are proactive, development-oriented and like a systematic approach in sales. You have the ambition to drive for result and close the deals. Your excellent negotiation and networking skills help you reach your goals in collaboration with others. In addition, you have professional attitude, analytical mindset and broad perspective to business.
VTT is a place to make a difference in collaboration with other brilliant minds. Our mission is to create impact that generates sustainable growth and wellbeing in society as well as in industry. Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Therefore, our personnel’s wellbeing, flexible work opportunities and competence development are key priorities for us.
With us, you can make an impact for a better future and you can be part of solving the biggest challenges of our time.
For further information
For more information about the position, please contact:
Juha Hämekoski, Head of Sales and Customer Partnerships (tel. +358 50 408 4302) on Wednesday August 5th at 9:00-10:30 or Tuesday August 11th at 15:00-16:00
or Johannes Hyrynen, Vice President, Mobility and Transport (tel. +358 40 833 6364) on Thursday August 6th at 11:00-12:00 or Friday August 14th at 11:00-12:00.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV with your salary request as soon as possible, however by Sunday August 16th, 2020 at the latest.
Apply between 31 July 2020 and 16 August 2020 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Regular