Group ICT Application Services Unit is looking for an enthusiastic
SOLUTION OWNER, Mill Systems
to join us and focus in production services and platforms, especially Wood & Sawmill systems
Your role in the future Metsä
We are looking for an ICT professional to join us in Group ICT Solution Development function as a Solution Owner for mill/production related solutions, focusing on systems between SAP and mill automation, mainly in MES area for mechanical forest industry. You actively drive business's specific requirements' implementation while ensuring that group level synergies, best practices and cost efficiency are taken into account.
What do you get to do?
Your job is to manage business requirements, coordinate costs and development needs in Metsä Group’s production process over all business functions. You will need to work in close cooperation with application and infra services to create an overall integrated Production Management platform. You will take part in Production and Mill Systems solution architecture development.
You are responsible for:
- Designing, specifying, implementing and testing new Production Management functionalities and implementing changes to existing solutions, and controlling the progress of development.
- Defining and maintaining best practices for Production systems development and maintenance, and standards for solution quality.
- Identifying improvement opportunities within own area by understanding business processes and industry requirements, standards, and best practices.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in production environment, mill systems, automation and/or plant maintenance.
- Degree in IT, such as BBA or M.Sc.
- Knowledge of mill environment and mill business process and ICT solutions for production (especially MES related, IIoT + Analytics, mill automation systems).
- Ability to turn business requirements into implementable solution concepts and document them.
- Understanding of SAP Supply Chain/Production (PP) as well as SAP Plant Maintenance (PM)
- Knowledge of integration technologies is considered an asset.
- Competence in IT system architecture and solution consulting.
- Understanding of ITIL framework and project/release way of working.
- Vendor management skills in multivendor and international environment is essential
- Fluent English and Finnish skills is expected. Additional language skills are seen as an asset.
What you need to succeed?
You need to be able to handle a large scope of solutions and manage multiple stakeholders in order to succeed in this role. You can relate to and understand mill-level expectations and business needs. You are development orientated and actively turn development initiatives into actions. Your focus is in quality results and long-term development. You thrive to work in a constantly developing and changing environment and get others exited of new development opportunities and changes as well.
What we offer you?
We offer a great opportunity to join our group of experts in Metsä Group ICT. Our work in the cutting edge of technology is very much valued in Metsä Group and this particular position, serving our business directly, is of high importance to all our internal stakeholders.
In Metsä Group ICT your work is valued and we take pride in giving our business the best service and solutions to fit Metsä Group’s needs. We are all in this together and work towards our common goals. With great team work and a good (or bad.. matter of opinion) sense of humor we overcome all obstacles and deliver amazing results.
Position is located at Metsä Group Head Office in Espoo or Tampere office.
Want to hear more? Call us!
Your future team leader Asko Alila is happy tell more about the open vacancy: firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 5988 510.
How does the process continue?
Submit your application using the link "Apply". Do it as soon as possible, as we will start processing the applications already during the application period. Include your CV (and also tell us your salary request). The search is open until 31.7.2020. Good luck!