Solution Expert/Manager, PDM/PLM
AT WÄRTSILÄ, PEOPLE ARE THE ULTIMATE
Solution Expert/Manager, PDM/PLM
We are a global multinational marine, energy and industrial company with a proud heritage in the marine industry. With over 18000 employees worldwide, 5bn+ of turnover and one of the most established brand in the Marine sector, we are also one of the most progressive and innovative companies in our space. We are embarking on a bold, exciting and needed Digital Transformation, headed by a newly appointed CDO. This Digital Transformation is about reinventing our Company into Wartsila as a service – a digitally enabled, insight led, customer obsessed Leader in the Marine and Energy sectors.
Information Management (IM) is part of new Digital Organisation. IM integrates processes, systems and information, supporting businesses in digitizing the core operations and enables new digital business opportunities via technology and information. For development minded person, IM offers an opportunity to shape the future of its IT environment and be part of the global digital transformation.
We are now looking for a Solution Expert/Manager for PDM/PLM (Product Data Management/Product Lifecycle Management), will be part of the Product Engineering & Lifecycle Management Services team in Wärtsilä IM. The team is responsible for solution and application lifecycle management of Wärtsilä’s design and engineering systems, calculation and simulation systems as well as PDM/PLM systems. It develops and manages Solution roadmaps according to architectural guidelines and creates functional specifications out of received business requirements for internal or external solution development. A Solution Expert/Manager is accountable for achieving the goals defined in the yearly action plan in his/her own responsibility area. If you are energetic, good with people and a fun person to work with then you are welcome to apply for this position.
- Manage changes, new requirements and documentation within own functional area
- Communicate with and inform relevant stakeholders concerning changes
- Support, consult, manage and participate in Operational Development projects in PLM area.
- Makes solution proposals and provide information in order to support decision making concerning the solution
- By following directions and framework set, provide a significant contribution as a subject matter expert for development and total delivery of a solution in optimal alignment with business requirements. Related tasks typically include:
- Solution area roadmap definition and documentation
- Requirements specification (functional requirements) and review of implementation specifications
- Education: M.Sc., Graduate in Information Technology, Engineering or Sciences
- 6+ years of Experience in Product data management area and Engineering process knowledge.
- Experience of consulting, gathering and analysing customer requirements and turning them into solution designs
- Very Good understanding of Product data lifecycle management and Service lifecycle management processes
- Excellent knowledge & understanding of Siemens PLM Softwares Teamcenter & NX
- PDM/PLM application/solution configuration knowledge is advantage.
- Proven track record in being Technical subject matter expert for PDM/PLM solutions with experience in SW development.
- Very good understanding of requirement management
- Excellent collaboration and Presentation skills
- Business knowledge is a great advantage
- Proactive, development-minded and goal-focused attitude
- Fluent written and spoken English
Possible LOCATION for this position is any Wärtsilä main offices.
Shefali Arora, General Manager, Product Engineering & Lifecycle Management Services, at +358 10 709 5385 or +358 40 750 0132 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application including your salary request at www.wartsila.com/careers latest by 31.5.2019