Solution Expert, Mill Systems
Group ICT Application Services Unit is looking for an enthusiastic
SOLUTION EXPERT, Mill Systems
to join us and focus in production services and platforms.
Your role in the future Metsä
Securing business continuity is one of our key targets. Solution Expert is playing a key role in securing day-to-day business continuity by providing Metsä Group business areas with fit for purpose, reliable and cost-efficient application maintenance and support services. Work is conducted together and in co-operation with surrounding Metsä Group ICT team, external partners and business areas.
The position is located in Tampere or Espoo, Finland.
Your key responsibilities consist of the following:
- Continuous Services for the Mill systems area:
- Ensuring MES, IIoT and Safety applications and platforms end to end availability, including applications and surrounding infra solutions
- Responsible for coordinating Metsä and vendor support and infra work in multivendor environment
- Service development, service transition and service delivery in nominated responsibility areas
In addition to these responsibilities you may also participate the common Metsä Group mill systems architecture design and implementation as well as the different production development projects/initiatives.
What do we expect from you?
Ideal candidate is a service-minded team player with positive attitude, communication and cooperation skills. The most important thing is your attitude. You care for your customer and are able to challenge current processes and solutions when pursuing continuous improvement. You are motivated to learn more about mill/production systems and are not afraid of doing hands-on system work. We appreciate good communication skills and ability to influence people in a matrix organization. Also development, quality and results should be on your focus as well as proactive way of working.
In addition we expect:
- Understanding of production / mill environment and 24/7 requirements
- Good knowledge of service management concepts and hands-on experience in service management for application and infra services, preferably on mill systems area
- Strong execution power and interest to pro-actively develop services together with surrounding ICT team and vendors
- Ability to coordinate and steer the work of multiple stakeholders and vendors to achieve shared targets
- Fluent Finnish and English language skills
- Knowledge of mill system related tools and technologies is considered as an asset
We offer you a great opportunity to take part in developing the future of the forest industry. If you believe in renewal and want to promote the increased use of fossil-free materials, you are coming to the right place. With us, you always have the support of your team. Your own desire and interest open doors to good career development. Metsä offers great opportunities to grow into being a top expert in your field.
Want to hear more? Call us!
Your future team leader Miia Ranta is happy tell more about the open vacancy: tel: + 358 (0) 40 573 5081, best available on Wed 28.4. 11:00-12:00 and Fri 7.5. 10:00 – 11:00.
What happens next?
Please submit your application using the link "Apply". Please include your CV (and also tell us your salary request). The search is open until 13.5.2021 and we will start applications as we receive them. We wish you luck!