VR Group Oy
Data are at the core of business and digitalization, and VR Group invests substantially into data and analytics. Trustworthy and timely data are central to improving decision-making, creating better digital services, and optimizing business processes. VR has improved and is continuously improving a central data platform that enables efficient and effective data transfers and consumption. The target is to increasingly provide Data as a Service (DaaS).
The VR Digital Crew is responsible for all IT solutions in VR, from architecture management through development to operations. We are now looking for a solution architect to drive business value from data. The solution architect will join our Data team, which is responsible for the VR Data Platform.
Why should you apply?
Our VR Data Platform is central to all integrations and data consumption and provides insight into the whole company. The platform is built on state-of-the-art technology and is managed by a highly skilled team. We have an experimental and innovative culture. We value collaboration and agility and enjoy sharing and sparring. As a solution architect, you have a unique opportunity to shape how we continuously improve our data platform and move towards providing DaaS.
Your role includes
- cooperating with business stakeholders to define solutions that use data efficiently and effectively and to define the best way to use the VR Data Platform for their integration and data needs
- cooperating with IT stakeholders to ensure compliance with and drive continuous improvement of our enterprise architecture
- continuously improving the data platform architecture to answer to business needs
We need you to have
- a business mindset and an interest in turning complex business needs into sustainable solutions
- an AWS Solution Architect Associate level certificate or equivalent skills, and experience in solution architecture work
- a solid understanding of and interest in integration architecture and API management
- an interest in data management and how to harness data to improve business
- a MSc in computer science or equivalent skills
It will give you an advantage to have
- knowledge of DevOps methodology and agile ways of working
- knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g. ArchiMate, TOGAF)
- knowledge of infrastructure, network and security architectures
- a service mindset and understanding of operating a data platform
- fluent Finnish
Interested? Submit your application by 7.3.2021 via our portal. If you have questions, please contact Head of Digital Development Tuomas Savikangas, +358 40 484 2681, during the following times: 24.2.2021 between 11:00 and 13:00 and 3.3.2021 between 13:00 and 15:00.