Solution Architect, PLM
AT WÄRTSILÄ, PEOPLE ARE THE ULTIMATE
Solution Architect, PLM
We are a global multinational marine, energy and industrial company with a proud heritage in the marine industry. With over 18000 employees worldwide, 5bn+ of turnover and one of the most established brand in the Marine sector, we are also one of the most progressive and innovative companies in our space. We are embarking on a bold, exciting and needed Digital Transformation, headed by a newly appointed CDO. This Digital Transformation is about reinventing our Company into Wartsila as a service – a digitally enabled, insight led, customer obsessed Leader in the Marine and Energy sectors.
Information Management (IM) is part of new Digital Organisation. IM integrates processes, systems and information, supporting businesses in digitizing the core operations and enables new digital business opportunities via technology and information. For development minded person, IM offers an opportunity to shape the future of its IT environment and be part of the global digital transformation.
We are looking for a Solution Architect to provide expertise for solution analysis and design leadership to a stream of activities and be the leading design authority in the own responsibility area. In cooperation with other IM instances, the Solution Architect analyses business processes, current systems and the flows of information in businesses and also identifies the requirements and architecture to deliver the desired solutions for needed business capabilities primarily based on Wärtsilä IM portfolio.
The Solution Architect also provides key input for road mapping by ensuring alignment with overall enterprise architecture and related guidance, and by identifying opportunities for architectural improvements and application rationalisation.
- Lead and develop solution design and architecture in the area of PDM/PLM in a way that aims at and supports business capability, operational efficiency and cost effectiveness, complying with global processes
- Coordinate with vendors, partners and other IM teams to ensure that agreed services are developed and delivered in a cost efficient and qualitative manner
- Ensure that the business and IT are in alignment in own responsibility area
- Ensure that architecture design in own responsibility area is compliant with overall enterprise architecture and related domain guidance
- Actively work within the IM architect community to ensure architectural alignment, implementation of IT strategy and continuous architectural improvement
- Experience of working in an IT architect position
- Excellent understanding of Product Lifecycle Management processes, Information flow and integrations
- Experience with Teamcenter from Siemens PLM is an advantage
- Very good SW engineering skills and knowledge of SW engineering methods
- Very good documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a matrix environment and make things happen
- Customer orientation and ability to effectively market IM solutions to businesses
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills
- Business knowledge is a great advantage
- Knowledge of DevOps & ITIL based processes
- Proactive, development-minded and goal-focused attitude to work
- Fluent written and spoken English
Possible LOCATIONS for this position are Finland, India, Germany, or other Wärtsilä locations.
Shefali Arora, General Manager, Product Engineering & Lifecycle Management Services, at +358 10 709 5385, +358 407500132 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application including your salary request at www.wartsila.com/careers by 20.1.2019.