Software Product Owner
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
Software Product Owner
Driven by our goal oriented team of service experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
Site Information: Thermo Fisher Scientific Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
We are now looking for a Software Product Owner to join our international team of experts developing a new and revolutionary In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) medical device. In this key role, you will be managing the product backlog of software development team and thus maximizing the value of the product resulting from the work of the team.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Driving the management of software product backlog in order to ensure that backlog items are properly ordered and clearly expressed
- Supporting the work of the software development team so that the team understands the backlog items to the level needed for efficient implementation
- Interfacing and communicating with relevant stakeholders in order to establish a mutual understanding on the content and on the prioritization of software product backlog
- Ensuring that software documentation is adequate for enabling efficient implementation and for sharing information between the teams in the project
- Collaborating with Quality and Regulatory Compliance teams in order to ensure compliance of the software documentation with IVD requirements
Requirements for your education, experience and skills are:
- Master’s degree (M.Sc.) or equivalent in Computer Science, Automation, Medical Technology or other applicable field
- Comprehensive practice with Agile product development methodologies
- Experience in software development for medical devices
- Demonstrated skills to drive the scoping and prioritization of work in software development
- Excellent communication and interaction skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
We additionally value:
- Work experience in modern C# / .NET development
- Skills in embedded software development for instruments and devices
- Familiarity with automated unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of Git / Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply online today! http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.K7Cd.I_K Or alternatively reach out to our supporting talent acquisition partner, Laura Tilley – firstname.lastname@example.org,
or the hiring manager Katja Pesola - email@example.com
Applications to close on May 24, 2019.
Please click the below link to see what our software engineers think about their work at Thermo Fisher Scientific.