We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an experienced Software Lead Engineer to join our team at ABB Oy, Pulp and Paper unit. Location can be in Helsinki, Varkaus, Kuopio, Tampere, Oulu or Vaasa. You will be working in the Collaborative Production Management (CPM) in Pulp and Paper application development, CPM delivery projects and support services during the system lifecycle.
• Supervising the technical implementation of the system and the completion of the project
• Leading the project team in all engineering matters and any sub-teams in the project
• Ensuring the operability and quality of the system being built
• Participating in project preparation sessions
• Analyzing the customer operating process and modifying the standard development environment into more customer-oriented
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in IT or an equivalent degree
• A few years’ experience in IT projects
• Familiarity with SQL database (Oracle) and PL/SQL, Microsoft Office tools, Programming experience in C, C++ or C#
• Open-minded, team-playing attitude
• Readiness to travel
• Ability to quickly learn new development and working environments as well as IT tools used in CPM Pulp and Paper
• Ability to write clear documentation in English
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Understanding of the Pulp and Paper business and customer processes, especially in production planning, production management or quality management.
• Finnish, Swedish and German language skills
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64452044 by June 21, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Seppo Lahtinen +358 50 332 5258, or Matti Värtinen +358 50 332 4712.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com