Software Engineering Lead
We are team Top Gun and our mission is to build a world class feed platform and support Smartly.io’s growth. We want to provide a platform for customers to integrate their data that all our teams can use in their features. With Top Gun you have chance to work with large scale customers, data and revenue wise. The team is facing interesting challenges ranging from defining and building new feed products to scaling the existing feed platform to support next magnitude of growth. Tech stack includes mainly Ruby on Rails, Kotlin, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, and ElasticSearch.
Here's more about the team with a few highlights from our engineering blog:
Here’s What You'll Do:
- Lead an autonomous fullstack development team. Lead by example.
- Facilitate the team at team level. Enable them.
- Care about your team members growth and development. Go far together.
- Solve challenging technical problems and add your mark to our Engineering culture. Help us grow.
Here's What We're Looking For:
- You have experience throughout the full software life-cycle in an environment with multiple teams
- You have built and maintained large-scale, high-availability web applications with an active and growing user base
- You have experience in various agile development practices as well as the pragmatism to know which tradeoffs are acceptable and a sharp focus on delivery.
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback that leads to meaningful changes and growth.
- Empathetic and user-focused: you care deeply about the product experience, you understand users’ motivations and frustrations, and you genuinely want to help them
- You are a skilled developer. You will need to be hands-on technically, comfortable reviewing and writing code.
Who we are
Smartly.io is building a platform to automate every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity. We are a global team of over 350 Smartlies with footholds in 13 cities, serving more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and Ubisoft.
We’re building the best product company to work for, where highly autonomous engineering teams can take full ownership of creating world-class software. As a Smartlie engineer, you get to tackle challenges of considerable scale and complexity. We develop our product at a fast pace and in close cooperation with the largest online businesses globally.
We take ownership, optimize impact and maximize learning. Smartlies choose us and grow with us thanks to the company culture and smart colleagues. Learn more at smartly.io/culturehandbook.