Spring is building a virtual battery together with our customers. We are a fast-paced and ambitious team of young doers forming an internal start-up inside Fortum. The virtual battery will enable small electric loads and storages to act together as one and support the increase of renewable energy. The team has built multiple operational and growing business cases in the Nordics and is now scaling up and aiming at a significant global impact. You can read more of our work in www.spring.energy
As an expert in software development, you will be a key member of our team, driving the development of the virtual battery software and business. Your role will be as a member of the agile development team: improving the backend, building integrations and implementing new features.
This position is permanent and located in Keilaniemi, Espoo, Finland.
We offer you
You will have a hands-on opportunity to take part in building new game-changing technology, which enables more renewable energy in the power system and combats climate change. You will also get to work in an environment that combines the freedom of a start-up with the support of a big corporation. You will be part of our versatile team combining technical capabilities and business drive.
The position offers you an excellent place to apply your software skills to tomorrow’s Energy and IoT sector and to further improve your problem-solving and development skills. For example, you will be further developing the cloud platform to connect a vast number of loads and storages into the virtual battery, and make sure that the platform can handle the real-time traffic in a secured fashion and thus help keeping the lights on. In addition, you will enable our data scientists to perform advanced analytics with the data streams generated by the devices, and find even more efficient ways to enable green energy.
• You have strong programming skills in Java (Spring framework) with the ability of writing CLEAN, testable (TDD, BDD), documented and maintainable code
• You have experience in building cloud native software following a microservices architecture (preferably AWS)
• You are familiar with some of the following. Messaging systems (MQTT, Kafka, RabbitMQ), databases (SQL & NoSQL), software containerization (Docker, ECS), serverless (Lambda), system monitoring/observability
• You are familiar with version control systems (Git) and CI/CD processes and practices
• Experience in python, web development (Angular, React) considered a plus, but not mandatory
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another relevant field is highly valued, but not compulsory
• Experience or knowledge of the energy sector is considered a plus, but is not required
• In our work things can change fast, so you are flexible to changes in priorities
• The team language is English, which you speak and write fluently
Send your application with your salary request via our online recruitment system by 31.8.2019. The position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.
For additional information please contact Janne Happonen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be selected for the position, you must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.
NOTE: we are also currently looking for a Tech Lead to join the same team.