We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Software Developer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be working in a team of that develop digital products. Together as a team, you will be creating sustainable future digital solutions and services and digitalizing the business unit’s value chain.
• Embedded software development in C++
• Development of interfaces between desktop application and embedded device.
• Taking part in product development activities, including requirement analysis, architecture design, coding and debugging
• Developing software according to what is agreed in the team and internal coding standards
• Preparing and managing technical documentation
• Planning and performing software implementation
• Working closely with other developers, test engineers, project managers and customers to support the planning of software verification
• Providing technical support if needed
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or in a related field
• At least 2 years' working experience in the information technology field
• At least 3 years of embedded programming experience in C++
• A strong understanding of the structure and logic of object-oriented programming
• Experience with common software development tools: GIT, TFS, Jenkins, Python, Klocwork Code Analysis tools
• Experience with some embedded development tools (e.g. JTAG, TI Code Composer Studio, CodeWarrior, IAR Embedded Workbench)
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of IEC 61131-3
• Experience with C#
• Experience with Scrum
• Other language skills
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65521739 by October 21, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Zhongliang Hu, email email@example.com.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com